CHAPTER 9: Did She See Us?

MYSTIC

I can't believe I just danced with Dorian. Not that I regret it or anything. In fact, the complete opposite of that. I even thought for a moment that we were going to kiss.

Then I heard Jade yell out to us while running our way that we needed to leave.

"What's going on?" Dorian asks her.

"Rogues are nearby. We need to leave and get her out of here." She says while taking my hand and we all head back to the truck and head back to the house.

"How many were there?" Dorian asks Jade in the back while Brock is in the back as well, drunk off his ass.

"I don't know. One of my friends just said there were rogues coming." She tells him.

It was quiet for the rest of the ride back and because I know we'll be safe now, I can't help but think about that 'almost' kiss Dorian and I were about to share.

Suddenly, reality sets back in and I remind myself that I can't love anyone. Especially now. Mostly because it wouldn't be right. Not since I can't tell anyone who I am. Besides, he probably just looks to me as someone he needs to watch or babysit.

I wonder sometimes in how my parents made it through? I mean, I remember my mom telling me that it was rare for her to find someone to love because technically, Moon Goddesses aren't allowed to have someone. That was until my great grandmother broke that stigma.

My thoughts are quickly interrupted as I hear someone saying my name a couple of times to get my attention.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"We're home now." Jade says.

I look and notice that Brock is leaning on Dorian for support as he helps Brock into the house.

"Oh, right." I smile and get out.

"Are you alright?" Jade asks me.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just tired I think."

"Okay..." She replies not sounding like she believes me.

"I did have a great time though. Thanks for inviting me."

"Of course. I know that you probably went out a lot before you came here and besides, I didn't want you to feel as though you were a prisoner here or anything." She chuckles.

I laugh too because she's right, I don't want to feel that way and no one has made me feel that way neither so far, necessarily.

However, she's wrong about me going out a lot and sounding like I had much of a social life before I came here, I didn't though, I wasn't allowed to really.

Once we walked inside, I saw Dorian help Brock into a room on this first floor as Jade and I decide to grab some snacks and then head into the movie room to see what's on since neither one of us were drunk and also weren't tired neither.

After finally deciding on a movie, we began watching it in the seats and right before it starts, Jade asks me about Christmas.

"So do you love Christmas? Or like it?" She asks before putting a handful of popcorn into her mouth.

"I do actually. It's my favorite holiday." I reply.

"Mine too. It used to be Dorian's but not since our mother died." She began.

"Really? Did she die on Christmas?" I ask.

"Morning of. Though many people for the last couple of years have added a few untrue things to how she died but, she was found Christmas morning in the snow, frozen and face down."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I tell her.

"Thanks. It was hard at first but I think Dorian was hit the hardest with it. He was closer to her than I ever was." She explains.

"Really?" I asked surprised at that.

"Yeah. He was definitely a momma's boy." She laughs a little as I just smile and have an 'awe' kind of a feeling.

I didn't ever picture him as one of those. I wonder what happened to make him act all cold and not too happy about Christmas.

Guess I must've accidentally thought all that out loud as Jade chuckles again.

"He ACTS like a Grinch and that he doesn't like it but trust me, when December comes around next month, he'll become like a kid. Or at least I hope he will. That's all of our missions this year." She winks at me.

"Well, I'll help you." I wink and smile back at her.

"Deal." She smiles as we shake hands.

"Deal." I chuckle a little.

"So, what was with that whole almost kissing my brother tonight at the party?" She asks out of nowhere.

"We weren't going to kiss. We were just dancing." I reply while nonchalantly taking a drink from my water.

"Mhm." She replies. "Okay, we can play that game, for now." She jokes.

"I promise. Besides, trust me, there could never be a him and me." I try to assure her.

"Hey, I don't care but I'm just saying," she tells me.

"Yeah, I know" I reply before we go back to watching the movie.

Did we almost kiss? And did his sister really almost see us do that?

I don't have time for any of this right now. I think to myself.  Again, I can't get 'involved' or whatever you want to call it.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)