CHAPTER 11: Can Things Get Any Worse?

MYSTIC

I don't know what's been going on lately with Dorian but he has been more of an asshole than usual and really it isn't necessary.

Maybe I shouldn't have almost kissed him. Maybe I had made things worse in asking him to dance. I don't regret it but early he does.

When Jade and Brock confronted me and asked what that was all about I didn't want to tell them how I felt or anything like that since they might tease me about it and if Dorian ever found out how I felt, my god, I would be so embarrassed.

Not that any of that matters as my title prohibits me from feeling any of those things or even experiencing anything like that.

I really need to focus and just not think about him right now. I'm need to remember that I'm only here for one reason.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and when I tell them to come in, I see it's Jade.

"Hey girl! Whatchya doin'?" She asks as she plops next to me on my bed.

"Nothing much. What's up with you?"

"The same. Nothing." She chuckles. "Which that's the problem. I don't know about you but I'm bored." She laughs.

"Yeah. I am too." I laugh.

"Well let's go do something." She suggests.

"Oh no, I'm not going to another party." I tell her. "No offense."

"No offense taken. Besides, I wasn't thinking that. I was thinking maybe catching a movie and some dinner."

"Okay, that sounds good. Who's all going?" I ask.

"Just you and me. Brock and Dorian are out til late tonight."

"Oh. Well shouldn't you be with him since you're the beta?" I ask confused.

"Probably but, today I asked for Brock to fill in so I could have some girl time." She smiles.

"Alright." I laugh. "Give me ten minutes and I'll meet you downstairs."

"Alright. Not a minute more." She winks as she sprints up off the bed and leaves the room.

When I finished getting ready, we headed to the movies.

While standing in line waiting to get some snacks and drinks while Jade was in the bathroom, I spotted out the corner of my eye, Dorian laughing with some girl.

I'm not sure why but I suddenly started to feel jealous. But wait, am I really jealous of him being with another girl? Or could it be that I'm just jealous to not have someone.

She's really pretty. With her short bob dark brown hair with red highlights in her hair and looks like she could be on the runway for Victoria Secret.

I hear someone call 'next' and I quickly look up at the guy behind the counter and begin walking up and telling him what both Jade and I wanted and while getting it, I make a decision to ignore him and not get caught trying to look at them again.

After paying the guy, I grab the snacks and drinks and turn to wait for Jade at the the theater door when I bump into a hard chest and spilling the drink and snacks all on my clothes and the floor.

"Shit." I say.

When I look and see that it's Dorian, I expected him to make a remark about me being clumsy or saying something stupid but instead he looks me up and down with a sympathetic look?

I start noticing people looking at me, pointing and laughing. Which I don't care what the hell a bunch of strangers think but still, I should go into the bathroom and try to clean up a little bit but it's over crowded by girls reapplying their makeup and fixing their hair. I feel bad for them.

I decide that it would be better if I just leave. So I head out and was going to find Jade first but I saw her arguing with Dorian who looked as though he was going to punch the wall or someone as I noticed him flexing his hand open and closed a few times.

He then snaps his head towards me and then stomps off towards the girl he was with and they both leave.

Could things gets any worse and more embarrassing?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)