First day

Violet was on the road, driving through the luscious trees of green. It really was beautiful here, the scenery and weather were nothing like the dry nature of here hometown in Jenkins.

Flashes of memories came to her one her hometown came to mind. Her anxiety of her future location spiking when she remembered her old school.

This year would be no different, no year would be different.

She quickly tried to turn the music up to over drown her thoughts, however static was the only noise she was met with.

Stupid small town.

She rolled her eyes and turned the radio back down and saw she was getting into town, the drive long because how far she lives in the woods. She saw only a few people littering the streets, going about their day. Some were talking to each other smiling and laughing. She wondered what that would be like, to laugh with another person.

She quickly cast her eyes back to the road, seeing she was pulling into a school parking lot, she had made sure to drive around town before she went to the house.

Pulling in she saw all the cars, some expensive, some not. Hers looked apart of the not, and she saw a truck that resembled hers in a way, it held the same character, so mistakenly she decided to park next to it.

This was a mistake because the girl who owned the truck was still residing inside. Violet had turned her head to grab her bag in the seat when their eyes meet through their windows. Thankfully Violet didn't get any rush of emotions, however after knowing what pain other people are hiding for so many years Violet had become great at seeing through people's facades. And the girl in the red truck eyes told Violet all she needed to know.

She was just as scared as Violet was. There was surely a sadness to the girls eyes, she didn't want to be here at all. Violet didn't know if it was the school or possibly he town. But one thing Violet did know, is that she was staying away from her.

Not that she wasn't going to stay away from everyone.

The brunette however seemed to have different plans, as she smiled and waved at the blond.

Violet wanted to be nice, a luxury she had when she wasn't being affected by others, so she smiled back kindly. However she then grabbed her bag and hopped out of the car. She heard the other girl also getting out but Violet didn't wait for her as she start towards the school, not missing all the curious glazes on her.

"Nice car" she heard sarcastically behind her. She wasn't sure if that was directed towards the brunette or her but she didn't really care, she wouldn't answer either way.

It kind of hurt, the brunnect seemed nice, a possibility for a new friend. But that wasn't her life, it's hard to laugh and make jokes around people when all you feel is heartache and an urgency to run far far away. Which is what she felt around others, even when they weren't hurting much. Even when she knew she could deal with it. Her past had conditioned her to want to sprint away at the first sign of a human. So even if she wanted to overlook the dark feeling she got around others, her own problems got in the way.

As she entered the school she was hit with the normal anxiety and hatred she normally felt when she entered a school. She sighed happy she had already had her schedule sent to her in the mail because she had no idea where the stupid office was and had no intent to ask for directions like a cliche. She walked towards her looker, not missing the look over she was getting from several people, some brows scrunching in confusion at the sight of her long gloves on her hands.

She knew people would notice eventually, people always did, so she stopped trying to hide them, now having a collection of long and short different colored gloves. Some more eye catching than others.