Wanted

"They're here." The Cullens gather in the center of the field, converging around Bella. She sees nothing through the oily smoke from the fire.

"It appears you've done our work for us" From out of the mist and the smoke emerge – The Volturi – Jane and behind her, Felix, Demetri, and Alec. Jane assesses the scene, taking in Bella as well. 

"Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact." 

"We were lucky." 

"I doubt that." Jane said smirking

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight." Alec said with a smirk

"Yes. It's not often we're rendered unnecessary." Jane said with her soft yet deadly voice.

"If you'd arrived a half-hour ago, you would've fulfilled your purpose" Edward said with a glare

"Pity." Jane then sees the newborn, crouching by the fire.

"You missed one." 

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender."

"That wasn't yours to offer." As Jane moves to Bree, Esme shoots Carlisle a concerned look. Carlisle subtly shakes his head, don't. Jane:

"Why did you come?" Before Bree can answer, Jane, focuses her power, sending an invisible searing current through Bree's body. Bree screamed in pain. Bella flinches. Esme quickly steps up.

"They came to destroy us – to kill Bella." Jane ignores Esme, continues her torture, enjoying it. 

"Who created you?"Jane asked 

" You don't need to do that. She'll tell you anything you want to know."Esme pledded. Jane smirked 

"I know." Carlisle puts a hand on Esme's shoulder. Bree's screaming briefly stops. Jane waits for an answer. 

"I don't know Riley wouldn't tell us. He said our thoughts weren't safe." Jane zapped her again – Esme is about to say something.

"Her name was Victoria. Perhaps you knew her." Bree's pain abruptly ceases. Jane faces Edward with an innocent smile that's somehow unnerving. The other three Volturi are suddenly positioned behind Jane. They didn't even see them move. Bella plants herself firmly at Edward's side. The air is tense. This could turn bad, fast. Carlisle intercedes with great and purposeful calm.

"Edward. If the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would've stopped her. Isn't that right, Jane?" Jane just looks at Carlisle. A long beat. 

"Of course. Felix." Felix moves to Bree. 

"She didn't know what she was doing. We'll take responsibility for her. Give her a chance." Esme pleaded.

"The Volturi don't give second chances. Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested to know that she's still human." Bella looks at the girl in the eye.

"The date is set." Jane is ever so slightly taken aback by Bella's confidence. Her look lingers on Bella ... human. Edward stands ready to defend her. But Jane turns back to Felix. 

"Take care of that, Felix. I'd like to go home." Meanwhile Felix, with his enormous strength, easily tears Bree from limb to limb. Her screams quickly cease, though the metallic screeching sound continues. Jane:

"Thank you, Felix. Until next time." The Cullens can do nothing but stand by, grim-faced. Esme tries not to watch.  Bella, fighting revulsion, but standing strong with the rest of the Cullens.

As soon as Edward is sure they are gone he turns to the family.

"When I asked Victoria...she had a thought" Bella took a step forward

"What?" The family looked at him worried, the look on his face solemn

"Violet...The Volturi have her"