Boys

Violet wasn't sure why she was here. Whenever Jake and Bella hung out the shed was full of laughter and jokes.

Violet however just sat in the corner of the room, flipping through a comic, wincing every few moments.

She only spoke up when she had a sarcastic comment she couldn't keep in. Jake however never seemed to mind her presence. And often tried to make her smile. He noticed how Bella would look sadly in the girls direction when the blonde wasn't looking, he noticed the longing her brown eyes held. She wanted Violet to feel better, yet knew she couldn't help.

Violet didnt notice, though she often felt Bella's guilt. Instead the blonde glared at a comic in her hand, a vampire happened to be the villain. She had to resist the urge to flip to the page the hero beat his ass.

Motorcycle parts are spread out on blankets. Jacob moves among them excitedly, piecing them together. Bella watches.

"If we're going to be working on this every day, we should probably include some homework. Don't want the Dads to think I'm a bad influence on you." Bella said to Jake.

"You influence me? Please." He scoffed

"I am older than you."

"Age ain't nothin' but a number."

"And I convinced you to secretly build us two-wheeled death machines." Bella said with rasied brows.

"God, you're right, you're like Satan" Violet pitched in from her corner making Jacob laugh.

"Yo, Jake, you in there?" Bella abruptly sits up, starts to pull a tarp over the bikes worried about the strangers, Jake puts out a hand stopping her.

"It's cool, it's just my boys." Jacob reassured her. Violet scoffed amused from her spot.

"You got kids? not supprised" she said half minded. Jacob rolled his eyes.

Quil and Embry enter, both 16. Quil is short, stocky and feisty, with short hair. Embry is tall, thin and laid back, with chin-length black hair.

"Hey, Jake -- " They stop when they see Bella. The two guys share a smile.

"Hey. This is Bella. Oh...and Violet." Violet scoffed from her spot. Jacob ignored her "Bella, that's Quil and Embry".

"So the bike building story is true."Quil said surprise.

"Taught him everything he knows." Bella joked.

"What about the part where you're his girlfriend?" Quil asked. Violet looked up from her comic in surprise. The nervous and awkward Jacob not knowing what to say. Violet had to keep in a laugh.

"Oh, we're just friends." Bella cut in. The awkward tension filling the room.

"Ooh. Burn." Embry smirked

"I said she's a girl and a friend." Jacob tried to reason. Not that anyone believed it

"Embry, you remember him making that distinction?" Quil asked

"Nope." Embry raised a brow pursed his lips. Bella rescues Jacob.

"So I guess you guys have girlfriends." Bella asked. Jake laughed, glad for an out.

"Right. Quil took his cousin to prom." Embry chuckles, as well.

"Yeah, that's still a riot. You want funny, Black? I'll give you funny." Quil makes a run at him, he dodges; a playful scuffle ensues. Embry, amused, saunters over to Bella.

"I got five bucks on Quil." Embry mentioned

"You're on." The scuffle continues. Bella, enjoying them...Violet rolling her eyes, looking back at her comic.

"Boys"