BTW

"So what exactly did you do with all your free time when I wasn't here?" she asked Alec as they walled through the halls

"Im not sure, I know what I wish I was doing with all my free time" he said with a suggestive tone and side look. Violet rolled her eyes, she was pretty sure she made her stance on that subject quite clear. She gave the boy a side glance.

"Why must you always make me want to smack you in the face?" she asked with a tone suggesting she actually wanted to know the answer. He just sent her a wink. 

"Only if you insist" her nose scrunched up in disgust 

"gross" she muttered. He chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. Violet turned to him and raised a brow, changing the subject . "So how do you feel about the Dinner tonight?" she asked. Alecs smile dropped slightly as he looked at her again. 

"oh...Is that tonight?" he asked trailing off. Violet raised a brow in confusion. He seemed...off

"Yes.. your the one who told me about it. Some kind of, new year thing right?" she asked. Alec looked the opposite direction than her and nodded his head, seemingly lost in thought as he spoke. 

"Somewhat, its a refresh, its hard to explain....its when we get ride of unesscary things, and replace them." he tried to explain, yet Violet noticed a edje to his voice that hadn't been there previously. Still, she didn't mention it and tried to understand what this new strange Voltori event she had to attend was about. 

"Like spring cleaning?" she asked Alec still hadn't looked at her, now it seemed like he was listening for something. 

"Perhaps" he muttered but Violet wasn't sure he had even heard what she said. She speed to his other side so he now was looking at her. Her eyes inquisitive and narrowed. Studying him.

"You seem weird. Is there something. Else I should know?" she asked, prepared for an answer. Alec looked down to her now, a frown on his lips

"I don't know...Im not really on the conceil that makes the preparations, I know not of what exactly to expect, well....not the specifics" he trailed off, then looking over her head again, she was now aware he was looking for something. She raised a brow still not satisfyed 

"So your not on the party planning commity, got it" she said, her tone however urging him to conntinue 

"I, have always enjoyed it in the past" he said truthfully. She nodded yet could still see his hesitation and reluctance. 

"That would be reasuring if it wasn't for the face your making?" she said pointing her finger to his face. He looked down at her. 

"Well this year might be different"

"why?"

"Because your here" she narrowed her eyes, and although she noticed he wasn't giving his usual flirtatious expressions she didn't quite know what that could mean.