A Dinner

Violet starred at her plate, moving the food around as she thought deeply

Violet starred at her plate, moving the food around as she thought deeply. Jasper continued to both confuse and piss her off. That whole family did.

Sometimes she would think she was just mad at herself, she knew that people like them couldn't be friends with someone like her. She just wished they could be normal about it and cut her out without acting like they still cared for her.

They seemed to think they could just play with hers and Bella's emotions. Well she didn't like it. If they wanted her to forgive them for cutting her off with no warning then they owed her a explanation. They just started avoiding her without saying anything. And she wouldn't talk to them without one. So if they didn't want to give her one it was simple. Leave her alone.

"Your mom called.Again." Charley spoke up. Snapping her out of her thoughts.

Violet guesses it was addressed to Bella seeing as  her mother wouldn't bother calling. And if she did she'd feel real bad for Charley.

"Well, that's your fault, you shouldn't have told her about the almost-accident." Bella said and Violet smiled a little at the statement. It must feel nice to have someone care so deeply for you. Bella was lucky.

"Are you finished?" The waitress asked as she walked up to the tree at the table

"Yeah." Charley responded and she took the plates

"I suppose you're right. She always did know how to worry.-She seems different...-She seems happy.-Phil sounds like an alright guy...-" he said. Violet awkwardly took a sip of her drink.

"Yeah, he is..." Bella said nodding her head

"Alright..."

Then the two turned to Violet. She mid sip stoped like a deer caught in headlights.

"What?" They both gave her a small smile

"Let's go home"

***

Violet walked in behind the two and into the house, Violet bit her lip as she began to walk to her bedroom. Her thoughts going to the looks Jasper kept giving her.

"Hey wait" Violet paused and turned her head, looking down to the base of the stairs. Bella stood there awkwardly. "Uh- I wanted to see if you wanted to...hang out" Violet felt a nervousness come to her, thoughts of Alice coming to mind.

"Uh, I don-"

"I know..that you have this whole 'stay away from me' vide going on. But your kinda 10 feet away from me alot of the time...so I just figured you know...." Violet had to agree she had a point. She lived with the girl, no matter how temporary this was it was still true.

"Uh, sure. I guess" Bella gave a smile, it looked relieved and it lifted the blonde's mood knowing she had done so for Bella.

"Cool"

***

"So your like, really into comics." Bella said as she looked around Violet's room. She laughed

"Yeah, almost obsessed" she muttered. Bella was looking at the top of the dresser, were all Violets comics were lined up. It was the only thing the girl had unpacked.

Bella turned and smiled

"That's fun, didnt peg you as the type"

"The nerd type?" Violet asked smirking from her spot on the bed. Bella shook her head

"No, I guess, I just pictured you as a horror buff, or mystery novels" Violet laughed

"Is it because I'm werid?"

"No, its cause your quiet. And mysterious" Violet rolled her eyes

"And a little because I'm werid" Bella turned giving the girl a look, she narrowed her eyes.

"I never said that" Violet just shrugged her shoulders

"What about you, what are you into?" Violet asked. Bella shrugged

"I dont know."

"You dont know...what you like?" Bella smiled.

"Well I guess I'm normal you know, I like movies, but who doesn't, and music, and friends. But I feel like..."

"Like your nothing special?" Violet asked, seeing where the conversation was going and also started to feel the girls insecurity flow around the room.

"Uh, yeah" Bella said awkwardly. Looking around the room again. Violet sighed.

"It's not our likes and dislikes that make us special, its..the person." Bella nodded yet didnt look convinced

"besides," Violet continued "special is overrated, some normal people are what I need, my satan hating parents were a real special breed." Bella laughed, breaking the tension and sat on the bed.

"Your funny Violet" Violet smirked and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Oh honey I know, your late to the show" Bella laughed some more, rolling her eyes and mocked the blonde making her burst into laughter too, which they then continued to do throughout the night.

Unaware of the smiling Charley outside the bedroom door.