Pants on Fire

Violet sat in the library, a comic on the table

Violet sat in the library, a comic on the table. One hand flipping the page while the other held her phone to her ear.

"....V" Violet read another page and flipped it.

"Violet!" She looked up as the voice shouted across the room. A glaring Kaden at the other end.

Violet glared back.

"Shhhhh" came from the corrner of the room where the librarian stood holding books in his arms. A glare on his face too, directed at Kaden.

"Sorry" he mumbled. Then turned back to Violet, a look of disbelief on her face.

"Really?" She whispered into the phone. He rolled his eyes. Shrugging it off.

"Lets have a conversation" he said softly into his phone. Switching topics rather easily. Violet just raised a brow.

"We always have conversations?" She said in a duh tone.

I mean it was true....

"Lets have a real one" he said narrowing his eyes to look intense. Violet just raised her brows.

"Okay, you wanna have a real conversation lets have one..." she agreed. Closing the comic infront of her. Kaden rasied a brow.

"So, how are you?" He asked simply, yet he was looking for a real answer. Violet knew if this is where he wanted to go she'd answer honestly. Well as honest as she could

"Fine, at this current moment in time, although I'm always thinking about the future so it doesn't really matter. What about you?" He shrugged

"Amazing-" he said half-hearted, ready to ask another question. Violet quickly interrupted with a knowing smirk.

"No" she said into the phone. She saw his innocent look across the room

"What?" He asked. She pointed to him.

"Real. You dont have to do that, you don't have to be happy all the time" she said with a roll of her eyes.

The truth was Violet knew alot about Kadens real emotions. And she felt guilty knowing. It felt like an invasion of his privacy, one he deserved because he gave her so much of her own.

He didn't ask about her family.

Why she really went to itay.

Why he couldn't be near her.

Why shed zone out.

The Cullens....

And yet she knew all out him.

She gave him a long look as he hesitated to say what was on his mind. Violet gave him a reassuring smile and he sighed. Looking down at the table he sat at.

"My parents fight alot, I'm often the topic of interest" he muttered into the phones microphone. Violet knew that. She felt his pain sometimes. And she knew his super happy persona was just a part of him.