Junky

****

Violet sat in the corner of the room her hands over her head as she felt the pain soaking into her from the room next to her

Violet sat in the corner of the room her hands over her head as she felt the pain soaking into her from the room next to her. Tears slid down her face. Bellas pain although silent was all Violet had been feeling, for months. It felt like a hole had been punched through her chest, like chains were weighing her down. Like the oxygen was full of poison and every time she took a breath she got closer and closer to the last.

The secret was Violet liked it. Because the more of Bellas pain she felt the less she could focus on her own. The more she felt about Edward the less she had to feel about Jasper, or Alice...

It's why when Violet got in her Jeep and drove to school by herself, alone. She didnt get the peace she always loved, instead she felt anger boil inside her, so much anger and frustration. And her brain finally had a moment to think about her own feelings. Somthing she hated doing now. Somthing that was followed by screams and punches on her steering wheel.

So she speed to the school and breathed in relief as soon as she was surrounded by the other teens and suddenly her own problems were swept away and she felt everyone else's.

She walked the halls and felt peoples horrors whisper in her ear and though it hurt it became a welcomed distraction. Her face blank unless she allowed a scowl to show. Though it didn't matter. No one saw her. She no longer was new and nobody cared about her anymore. She had no more friends. No one to look or worrie about her.

She recognized this her, the real her, the old her before she allowed herself pleasure. Allowed herself to have hope for a life not surrounded by pain. This was how it should be. How it would always be. The only reason she hadnt left by now was Charlie, he was already in a bad spot because Bella. And she didn't think she could just abandon him. She wasn't like that.

At lunch Bella sits alone, staring straight ahead.Violet sitting at her empty table in the back, alone aswell.

Violet was watching Bella's old friends.

Jessica, Eric, Angela and Mike, watching Bella with concern. Talking about her. Violet pushed the jealousy away. Bella doesn't notice.

Instead Violet could practically hear her thinking about the Cullens from across the room.

Violet looked down to her peanut butter sandwich and a tear slipped down her face...she hated them.

***

Violet sat outside in the small porch, she was reading a book and wanted peace.

She was trying to disconnect from Bella, so she could work on burying her own feelings.

Instead was distributed by Charlie walking out by the street, stuffing trash into the bins. He talks with neighbor, Bob Marks, who also attends to his trash, two old, beat up motorcycles. Violet looked up as they started talking.