Party trick

She narrowed her eyes at the pixie like vampires eyes

She narrowed her eyes at the pixie like vampires eyes. She sat in a chair across from her outside in a silk green slip dress and cardigan the girl had provided to her. Violet tilted her head to the side as she processed the girls words.

"So you drink animal blood?" She asked, she had been unaware that was an option. Aro of course wouldn't have wanted anyone to know that let alone allow them to practice it in his very own halls. Not when it was so unvampire.

"Yes" the dark haired amber eyed vampire confirmed. Violet nodded and sat back in her seat.

"That's why your eyes look like that" she continued, not for Alice but herself. Alice smiled as she noted the girls interest, leaning forward with an excitement

"You know you c-"

"I'm fine" Violet cut her off.

"Killing humans ca-" Alice tried again only to be interrupted by Violet again.

"I don't have to kill humans" Alice gave her a confused look, seeing her eyes.

"You go hunting with the others" she said with a tone of question. Violet just shrugged her shoulders.

"Aw yes but, luckily for me I have an ability to erase memories, take a quick bite, erase their memories, then dash. It's quite useful when you don't want to leave a trail of bodies in your wake." She explained, it was how she was able to feed on her journey here and how she continued her stay. She agrees, killing humans wasn't something she particularly enjoyed anymore. At first she hadn't had much of a problem when all the vampires ate, she was a new born and had an insatiable appetite the Volturi happily aided. But after seeing Mara...laying dead on the floor as her blood was poured into a fancy glass to be drank upon...let's just say she couldn't bring herself to kill anymore.

"Still" Alice said hopeful. Violet could see how badly she wanted her to change her mind. Why the girl wanted so badly for her to switch diets was a mystery to her but still, the look she was giving her made it hard to say no.

"Maybe one day" Violet muttered Alice smiled wide and excitement swelled in her eyes as she jumped up from her seat.

"Really?!"

"Probably not"

***

Violet sat around the fire like the others. She had first declined but Bella had given her the look, god how she hated that look. So here she was, surrounded by people who didn't seem to like her.

"So, you a good fighter" she heard from across the fire, as she looked to see who had said such a thing she caught as their eyes were looking at no one but herself. She raised her brows, noticing no one else was paying the two any attention. He had longer brown hair and spoke with an accent similar to the other cowboy.