Cheers

The looks on their faces made her sick

The looks on their faces made her sick. The smiles they had made her sick. their voices made her sick. The buzz the room had made her sick.

She wanted to kill them all. 

She wanted to set the room on fire and watch as she and them burned in the scorching heat. She wanted to hear their screams. 

She wanted to smile at them as they begged for mercy the same way she had to. 

She wanted them all to die. Here. Now. 

And Yet here she stood, holding her glass high as her hand only slightly shook. A fake smile on her face as someone spoke. Tears being held back recklessly. 

"To another year of prosper" someone said. Violet unable to focus on any individual. She couldn't move. Her hand in the air holding the glass of blood unsteady, as she couldn't bare to hold it. Her hand itched to throw the glass as far as she could. The thought of it on her lips made her want to vomit. The thought it could very easily be Marias made her want to scream. 

"Cheers" "Cheers!" they all yelled. With a jab in her side from Alec Violet put on a fake smile and muttered the word. 

Then she followed them by taking a seat in her chair. They all talked, beginning casual conversations with each other. Violet starring at a spot on the floor, where her body had been moments ago. along with all the other help they decided didn't deserve the "gift" of immortality. the rejects....tonights dinner. 

"Violet, how are you my Dear" Violet looked up to see Aro smiling at her. It took her a moment, what felt like an eternity but was, in reality, two seconds.

"Im Well" she answered, her voice controlled. As she had to keep herself from either crying or screaming.

"Yes?" He asked rasing a brow. She nodded, inching her hand away from the glass cup she had placed down. 

"Very Much" she reasured. He claped his hands together with a chuckle

"Good, We'll need to get you a new maid I think, she was one of the ones we vetoed correct?" he asked innocenlty. Violets hand shook ontop the table, hidden behind some decore. Just when she thought she would crack she felt the touch of ice on her hand. She didn't look, but she knew it was Alecs hand on hers. 

She smiled wider, shrugging her shoulders. 

"I think so, I didn't get a good look" she said, keeping her voice uncaring the best she could. Honestly she couldn't tell if she was doing a good job. But perhaps it didn't matter, Aro wasn't testing if she was upset. He was testing if she would say anything.

He nodded. 

"Yes, very well, any request?" Violet froze again, thinking of an answer that had no malice in it. It was clear now what this was. A beautiful prison she had allowed herself to be tricked into. One where even the staff were prisonors. She understood now. She understood everything, and what she knew with the most certinty, was she was in danger.  

"Its just a maid right, what do I care?" she said, a light chuckle at the end. His calculating eyes stayed on her a second more, then he turned to look at the rest who had stopped to listen in on the conversation. 

"How true"

Maybe I have been watching a little too much Game of thrones. Im killing off everyone.... muhahhaha