Admit it We've All Spilled A Secret

Chapter 13

Admit it We've All Spilled A Secret

I arrived at the Country Club and scanned the room for Isabella. But before I saw her I saw Gabby and James. Talking, just like they wern't supposed to do. And there only a few feet away was Isabella looking right at them talking. Then she saw me. She gave me a smile and raised her wine glass to me. 

"Ladies and gentlemen." It was my sister at the podium. "Thank you for coming to surport the next State Representative John Leroy." She stopped talking and everyone clapped. "Now John Leroy's sister-in-law Isabella Anderson." My sister stepped down from the podium and Isabella stepped up.

"Thank you everyone for coming. I have to say I know that everyone has a secret. Some are big,some are small. But either way you have a secret that can change your life if it comes out. And John Leroy is no different. John Leroy for the past five years has been the head of a prostitution ring for the past five years." After she said that, the crowd broke into gasps and started whispering. I looked back at the podium and Isabella was gone.

I rushed out of the room and headed towards the door.

"Isabella." I called out to her after just before she was about to exit the building.   

"Spencer." Isabella said turning around. "I told you that if I ever saw Gabby and Anderson together that I would just might let the secret slip." She told me. 

"Well when you said that everyone had a secret you must have been able to talk from experience. Considering that you have a few of your own."

"Excuse me?" She said stepping out of the doorway.

"Well you had some people look into my past. So I had my team look into your past. I never knew you culd clean up your past that well. Then again it wasn't that good considering I could find out that it was fake. I mean the only reason that you know about the prostitution ring is because you are one of the prostitutes. You were fine when you found out about the affair that James and Gabby were having because you thought that John was falling in love with you. But when the affair with Gabby and James ended you and John barley ever saw each other. So you did something that could help the man that you loved, you became part of his hobby."

"What do you want?" She asked me. 

"I want you to retract that statement that you made. Make something up. But make it believable."

"Fine." She told me waling towards the ballrom and back to the podium. "Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to apologize for what I said earlier." She started and again How couldn't I smile.