Thunderstorms

Evan woke up to a loud crack of lightning. He felt a sudden surge of fear in his body. He didn't want to move. He looked at the clock and read "3:00", it was 3 in the morning. He reached for his phone off his nightstand. He turned it on and the bright light flashed in his face. He texted Connor a few times, but he wasn't answering. So he called instead, he really hated to wake Connor up, but he had nobody else to talk too and didn't know what to do. 

"Hi?", Connor said tiredly.

"Hey i'm really nervous could you um please come over?", Evan said.

"Right now, Ev?"

"Y-yeah s-sorry."

"What's bothering you, the thunderstorm?", Connor asked. 

"Yeah... kind of." 

Connor knew that "kind of" was an understatement, he knew how scared Evan got when he heard loud noises. "I'll be there soon.", Connor said jumping out of bed and hanging up the phone. He put on a hoodie, snuck out of his house, which wasn't too hard because he did it frequently. He got into his car and drove. The ride was only about a 10 minute ride, but he may have sped a little to get there faster, there wasn't really any other cars on the road at this time anyways. 

When he arrived at Evan's house he texted him "I'm here". Evan ran down the stairs as quietly as possible. He opened the door and let Connor inside, he immediately ran into Connor's arms. Connor squeezed him tightly, he could feel how fast Evan's heart was racing. Evan started to cry. "It's alright, baby.", Connor said wiping the tears away with his thumbs. 

They went up to Evan's bedroom quietly. Evan lied his head on Connors shoulder, for a moment everything was silent except for the rain. Connor held Evan in his arms until Evan fell asleep.