Did you fall or did you let go?

TW: Evan kinda talks about suicide

One day Connor and Evan were hanging at Ellison Park. Evan took him around to see all his favorite trees and of course told him so many facts about each type. Then they decided to relax, they lied down in the grass looking up at the clouds. Connor allowed Evan to lay on his chest. They talked for awhile, but then all was silent. Evan reached for Connor's hand and held it inside of his. "Do you like holding my hand?", Evan asked. "It's nice.", Connor replied not knowing how else to express his feelings. "It's nice? That's it?", Evan teased. "Yeah..", Connor said. "Well i'll just let go then.", Evan teased pulling their hands apart. Connor gripped Evan's hand again. "S-sorry I should of never let go.", Evan said. "You're right, you shouldn't of.", Connor said. "I know, i'm such an idiot.", Evan began to cry, he was at the park, the place where he broke his arm. He remembered climbing up one of these trees and letting go.. on purpose. He felt so dumb. He didn't even want to admit to himself that he did let go that one time. "If I- if something had happened then I would've never met you.", Evan said. "What are you talking about, Ev?", Connor asked confused. "A- a few months ago I um tried to kill myself here,  that's how I broke my arm actually... by falling off a tree.", Evan mumbled. "Evan are you serious?!", Connor was shocked. "Yes...", Evan cried harder. "Evan... why didn't I know?!", Connor held Evan close, not allowing Evan to let go. Evan didn't respond, he just cried into Connor's chest. "It's going to be okay.", Connor comforted him. "You know you can tell me anything, but please never do that again, you don't deserve that, you're so special to me.", Connor spoke. Connor would use to do things like that too, he hurt himself multiple times before, but now that he met Evan he stopped. "You promise you'll never do that again?", asked Connor. "Yes, I promise and I love you.", Evan said. "I love you too.", Connor replied squeezing him tightly.