chapter 22

**time skip 2 months**

3rd person pov
It had been 2 months. 2 months since the maze, 2 months since Harry reported that the dark lord had returned, and 2 months since Virgil had joined Voldemort. However, in those 2 months had been nothing but chaos in the wizarding world all because of ONE person, Midnight. Midnight isn't really their name but it's what the people have been naming him. He only strikes at midnight and never fails to kill his target. He dresses in all black and has eyes darker than the night sky and the training of an assassin. All the people know is that he works for Voldemort and his loyalty to him is unbreakable.

Virgil pov
"Virgil! I need you to do another mission for me." "Coming." I put on my assassin uniform, wand, and I head to Voldemort. My sleeves rolled up to my elbows, exposing my dark mark and fresh cuts and scars. Im getting better about it but I still do it sometimes if I have a strong urge. Voldemort is helping a lot, after I joined, he told me that I would stay with him since I was homeless. Needless to say he caught me on more than one occasion.

**Flashback**
Virgil pov
I was thinking about my old life and how my brothers ignored me and I guess it got to my head. I grabbed my razor blade and headed to the bathroom. I made cuts after cuts until my wrist was painted scarlet and it was dripping off my arm. I was so devoted to slashing my wrist that I didn't noticed tom open the door. (For this, Voldemort can change back and forth from his noseless appearence to his old human appearence. We call him Tom when he's normal) I looked up and gave him a broken smile. He frowned and put my wrist under the sink water and cleaned it up.

**Flashback end**

Virgil pov
After that I explained my depression to him and he did catch me doing it more than once and more severe than the first. When I arrived in his room, he told me of my mission. Kill deceit Sanders. This one I loved, I could finally get my revenge. Appearently deceit is a wizard and part of the order of the Phoenix. I quickly agreed to my mission and said I would leave at 11:30 and be done by midnight.