Christopher Columbus x Reader

You and Christopher had been together for five years and had been the only one who was supporting him. He made calculations and was confident that he would be able to sail across the ocean all the way to Asia. Fortunately, he was able to convince the spanish monarchs Ferdinand of Aragon and Isabella of Castile to get him three ships and about ninety men for his voyage to Asia. You and Christopher boarded on Santa Maria and headed off to Asia in hopes of getting spices. You were at the quarter deck of the ship and saw the shore slowly grow farther and farther away. You smiled and softly sighed; this was going to be a long voyage. You were already growing home-sick. You heard footsteps on the creaky wooden floorboards of the ship and looked behind you. Christopher approached you with two pieces of brown bread in each hand. 

"Want some?" he asked as he extended his left hand towards you.

"Yes, thank you," you replied as you took the piece of bread from him and turned around to look back at the shore. The shore seemed to almost have been swallowed up by the blue ocean surrounding it. Christopher took a bite from his piece of bread before walking up to the ledge and leaning on it. His silky wavy hair and his jacket flowed in the breeze which made him almost majestic-looking. He took in a deep breath and exhaled. 

"The air is so fresh around here," Christopher said with a smile. You hummed as you nodded your head. Christopher turned to you with a curious look on his face.

"You haven't been talking as much today, (y/n). Is there something wrong?" You turned to him and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Nothing is wrong, it's just that...I'm a bit nervous about the voyage," you replied. Christopher laughed as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders and took another bite from his piece of bread.

  "You shouldn't be so nervous! Everything will be alright! If my calculations are correct, we should get to India in no time!" 

"If?" Christopher removed his arm from you and placed his hand on his chest with a mock expression of hurt on his face.

"You dare doubt my math, il mio amore (my love)? How cruel!" You rolled your eyes as you covered your mouth to muffle your giggles. Christopher started laughing as well. For the next hour, you and Christopher conversed and laughed as you ate the rest of your bread.

(Word Count: 422)