Franklin Delano Roosevelt x reader

Requested by: rainbow50

You and Franklin sat at the dinner table, enjoying a nice meal that the chef of the White House had prepared. Dinner tonight was lobster bisque and it was absolutely delicious. As you ate, Franklin would occasionally glance at your direction as if wondering how to start a conversation. The silence between you two was not awkward, but you weren't used to not conversing during a meal. You decided to break the ice.

"So...how was your day?" you asked. Franklin smiled.

"It was alright. I'm just a bit tired now. The day has been long as usual. Being president is no easy task, y'know," he replied with a chuckle.

"Yah, I know," you said with a light smile. "I hope work isn't stressing you out too much." Franklin stirred his spoon around his bowl and watched the creamy, smooth orange liquid move around in a circular motion.

"Oh, no, I'm fine," he said. You glanced up at him as you took another spoonful of the soup in your mouth. You knew he was lying since what was now called the Great Depression had taken most of his attention. It was a huge hit to America's economy that even the richest of the rich could feel the stinging pain of it. You just hoped it would end soon. You had heard a few sob stories of how people were desperately trying to save and earn money. It hurt to know what the citizens were going through, but you knew your husband was doing his best to resolve the problem. You chose to change the subject from his work to something else. Now was not the time to worry about such things.

"Did you know that the German chocolate cake is named after a guy named Sam German, not the country?" you said with a proud smile. You had been learning a few fun facts for the past week from reading.

"I did not know that. That's interesting," Franklin replied.

"Well, did you know that there was a 'dancing plague' that took over the town of Strasbourg, France in 1518? It's true," you said. He looked up at you with a puzzled expression on his face and you almost giggled from his reaction.

"Dancing plague?" he asked in astonishment.

"Yes."

"This is true?"

"Yep." Franklin laughed and shook his head.

"That is amazing! Where did you learn all this?" he asked. You shrugged.

"I've read so many books this week that I can't remember," you replied. Franklin nodded his head as he said "oh".

"Have you learned anything else new?" he asked with a curious look on his face, now intrigued with all the fun facts that you had shared so far. You nodded your head with a smile. Throughout dinner you shared tons of information and surprised Franklin with the amount of useless, but interesting things you've learned.

(Word Count: 465)