William Shakespeare x reader

Requested By: mina_macs

William thought of himself as a fortunate man. He wasn't fortunate because of the amount of fans he had, or how successful his writing was, or even how much money he had. He was fortunate for having you in his life. You were (y/n), a demure woman with a talent of acting and William was lucky to be married to you. 

He currently resided at his desk, writing away with his quill. He had thought of another story, but this story was based upon a historical figure. He had his eyebrows furrowed in a concentrated look as he wrote quickly. He was so drawn to his work that he didn't notice you entering his study. You cleared your throat to announce your presence, but it seemed as though he didn't hear you. You sighed and walked up to his desk in front of him. You placed both of your hands on the desk. Upon seeing your hands, he stopped writing and slowly looked upwards. He flinched and placed his hand upon his chest whilst taking in a sharp breath.

"(Y/n)! Oh, you startled me!" he exclaimed. You giggled in reply.

"I apologize. I came to see what you were doing." 

"I'm just writing like usual," William said with a chuckle.

"I can see that," you said as you stared at the paper that he was writing on as you walked around his desk so you would be standing right next to where he was sitting on his chair. "Looks like this new story is very interesting."

"Indeed it is," he said excitedly. "This is based on King Richard."

"Richard the third?" you asked. He nodded. You pointed to a name that was written on the paper with a puzzled look on your face.

"Who's this Lady Anne character you got here?" you inquired.

"Hopefully a character you'll get to act in my next play," he replied. You glanced at him surprised, but intrigued. You picked up the paper and read the script he wrote. There were a few spelling mistakes here and there, but it was the first draft after all. The first draft always has mistakes.

"She seems like an interesting character," you said with a smile on your face. "I'll be happy to take the role as her in your play." You placed the first draft down on his desk.

"Oh, I'm delighted to hear you say that!" he said with joy. He turned back to his work and continued writing.

"I should get back to writing. I want to put down all my ideas as soon as possible so I can get to organizing and editing," he said. You nodded your head and giggled.

"I'll leave you to it." You walked around his desk and was on your way to exit his study when you stopped at the doorway. You turned your head around to look at him.

"Would you like me to bring you any tea?" Without looking up from his work he nodded and said, "Yes, dear." You smiled and left to get him his tea.

(Word Count: 501)