Andrew Jackson x reader

Requested By: rainbow50

Today was a perfect day, until you found out that your husband, Andrew Jackson, had challenged someone to a duel...again. The duel would happen behind the White House as usual. You decided to open the door to his study to see what he was up to and saw that he was busy fixing his pistol. He had his eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated on his work with a serious face.

"Hey, Andrew," you called from the doorway. He stopped what he was doing, but did not turn to face you.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Are you sure it's a good idea? Y'know...going out to a duel?" you asked timidly, wondering what Andrew's reaction would be at your questioning.

"I've had many duels in the past, (y/n), there's no need to worry. I'll shoot the damn bastard." He continued loading his gun and fixing it. You curiously walked up behind him to see him work. The gun was clean and it was obvious he kept it in good condition. It did look somewhat old, however. He glanced at you for a second as he one by one placed the bullets in his small gun. You looked up to accidentally meet his gaze. You two stared at each other and it seemed that Andrew forgot what he was doing. He stopped loading his gun. After what seemed to be a long few seconds of awkward staring, he grabbed you by your collar and crashed your lips against his. You were obviously surprised by this sudden display of fervent affection, but you gladly returned the kiss timidly. The two of you separated afterwards. Your face was a blushing mess and you averted your gaze to the floor whilst fidgeting with your hands.

 "I-I guess I'll leave you to do wh-what you have to do," you quickly said as you speed walked to the door. He turned back to his work, but his voice stopped you from leaving.

"After the duel, you'll meet me in the bedroom, yes?" he inquired. You turned around and looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"What for?" He looked up from his gun and smirked at you.

"Oh, I think you know why." You face turned into a tomato at this. You turned around and briskly left without another word. You would, however, wait for him in your shared bedroom. You wanted more where that kiss came from.

(Word Count: 396)