Gavrilo Princip x reader

Requested By: AlexandersChiton

Today was the day. The day that Gavrilo, your boyfriend, was going to try to do something incredibly stupid. It was June 28, 1914 and it was also the day that Gavrilo promised to shoot the archduke. You pleaded for him to not go. You didn't want him to get caught and you certainly didn't want him to shoot someone so important. It was a stupid thing to do! Why couldn't someone else do it if someone had to do it? Sure, he was part of the Black Hand that was an organization of a group of people that were against the Austrian rule, but still! You knew something bad was going to happen so you followed him.

You were outside in a crowd of people. You bumped into people as you pushed through the crowd, trying to get to Gavrilo. He had taken off after an argument. Again, you told him to go back home with you, but he refused.

"Gavrilo!" you cried out as you tried to get to him. He was only a few feet away, the gun in his pocket shining as the sunlight shone on the silver thing. People around him seemed to be oblivious of the weapon he possessed. He was getting ever so close to the road now. You desperately reached out to grab his hand, but missed.

"Don't do it!" you yelled. In response to this, he turned around and gave you a serious look. The moment was brief, but you knew there was no way to stop him. No way to stop him unless you literally yelled out, "Don't kill the archduke!", but that would be stupid. That would blow his cover and a police officer would most definitely arrest you two. There was no way out of the situation, but you still tried. You continued pushing your way out of the crowd. Finally, you managed to push through the crowd, but it was already too late.

Gavrilo had taken out his gun and aimed straight at the archduke Ferdinand and his wife.

Boom went the first shot.

Boom went the second.

Gavrilo turned around and tried to escape. You tried running to him, but an arm pulled you back. You looked up and saw it was an officer. You looked back at Gavrilo and saw he was struggling to get away from another officer. You two were dragged away and that was it. The deed was done and you two were caught. Now you would have to face jail time or worse, a death sentence. 

(Word Count: 420)