Vlad III x reader

You sat on your husband's throne as you waited for your husband to get back from the war. It wasn't like you had anything else to do. You yawned before getting up and walking to the window behind the throne. It was dark outside and the full moon was shining high up in the sky. Multiple tiny stars were scattered in the vast dark space of the night sky which made it seem as though the moon was surrounded by its children. You continued to stare out the window and dove deep into your reverie. Your thoughts were soon washed away by the sounds of servants rushing in to aid a stranger that entered the palace. You turned around and saw it was in fact no stranger. It was your husband, Vlad, who had just returned from the war. He was covered in blood and seemed to have trouble walking by himself.

"Vlad!" you exclaimed as you rushed to his aid. You told the servants to take him to your room where you would tend to whatever injuries he had sustained from whatever battle he had faced. Vlad limped his way to the room and sat down at the chair with a groan.

"Start a bath and bring back fresh wet towels," you ordered the servants and they rushed away immediately. You approached Vlad, and helped him strip from his armor and his shirt. You frowned once seeing the multiple cuts on his chest and the amount of blood that was smeared upon his skin.

"It's not that bad..." Vlad said in a breathless voice. You ignored him as you took a wet towel from one of the servants who had returned and used it to clean the wounds. Vlad hissed in pain.

  "D-don't do it too hard!" He huffed which made you sigh. 

"If I don't clean the wounds, you'll get an infection so please bear through the pain," you replied. Vlad flinched as you pressed the wet cloth on another one of his cuts, but didn't say a word. Once the towel was drenched in blood, you gave it back to the servant and took a fresh one from another servant who was standing near you. Now, this may have been strange to have the queen doing this kind of work, but you insisted on doing so ever since Vlad came back from his first battle. Once you were done cleaning the blood away from his wounds, you and another servant helped him walk to the bath that was prepared in the next room from the one that you were in. You then dismissed the servants and helped Vlad strip away from the rest of his clothes before helping him get into the bath.

Back in the 15th century (or anytime during the medieval era), you would need to manually set the water at a temperature you desired before putting it in a large tub where a person can clean themselves. Peasants who didn't have access to the fuel to heat water instead took a swim in a nearby river or had an alternative method to bathe themselves. Vlad winced as he felt the warm water hit his injured skin, but the water soothed his muscles so he didn't fuss too much. You grabbed his clothes that were left on the floor before leaving the room to give him some privacy. While he bathed, you had asked two servants to gather the rest of Vlad's clothing to wash. You had also fetched bandages, materials to stitch up wounds, and clean clothes. You came back to help Vlad dry himself and led him back to the room you two shared. He sat down on a chair at a corner while you began to care for his wounds.

"You know...one of the servants can do this for you," Vlad said. He said this every time he came back home with an injury. You shook your head as you continued bandaging up a cut on his arm. 

"I know that, but I can do a better job," you replied. You furrowed your eyebrows in a concentrated look as you finished bandaging up his arm and began to stitch a deep cut on his shoulder.

"Why are you so sure that you can do it better?" Vlad inquired. You paused upon hearing his question, but you continued stitching.

"Because it's my responsibility as a wife to take care of my husband. If I can't do that, then what's the point?" Vlad winced in pain suddenly and you quickly apologized.

"Must've hit a sensitive spot..." you muttered as you finished up stitching. There was silence in the room as you bandaged up the rest of his wounds that were on his chest. The silence felt suffocating in a way, at least to Vlad as he thought of what you said. He finally decided to say something.

"(y/n)..." he said which caught your attention. "You are a good wife. You don't have to go out of your way for every little thing." You glanced up at his eyes as you paused what you were doing.

"I appreciate what you just said, but you coming back from a war with blood and injuries covering you is far from a little thing." He let out a short laugh and nodded his head.

"Yes...I suppose so." You finished up his bandages and handed him the clean clothes you got for him. You then gathered up the left over bandages and materials you had before leaving the room, but before you left Vlad had called your name. You turned around and saw him smiling.

"I love you," he said which made you smile.

"I love you, too" you replied before leaving to put the things you had away.

(Word Count: 960)