Genghis Khan x reader

Requested by: ChayanitDuangthong

You didn't hate your life nor did you like it. It was nice being treated like royalty, but it was hard getting your husband's attention since he seemed to always be occupied with his other wives. Yes, you were Genghis Khan's wife, and no you didn't really like it. You were forced into marriage with him after he had conquered the territory you lived in. You did sort of like Genghis Khan and admired how he was able to conquer so much land so easily, but you were never able to get his attention after you had obtained the label as his wife. You were just another woman, just another "child maker" to him.

You sat at a chair at the far corner of the room as you watched your husband busy himself with the others. Khan had both arms wrapped around two of his wives' waists while laughing with them. You sighed before looking back at your book which was laid on your lap. You subconsciously clenched your book in frustration. The giggles and the joyful chatter filled your mind and distracted you from reading your book. Soon you couldn't take it anymore, so you got up and quickly walked out of the room. Unknown to you, Khan had been watching you as you hurriedly left. 

You walked down the halls in the large extravagant palace until you got to one particular door. This door lead to your room so you quickly entered it. You sat on your bed, your back facing the door, before opening your book and continuing to read. Reading was a way for you to escape the world you lived in and it made you feel at peace. It was quiet in your room...that was until you heard a knock at your door. You sighed before setting the book down and going to the door. You opened the door and your eyes widened once seeing your husband standing there.

"May I come in?" he asked. You nodded slowly as a reply before moving to the side to let him in. Khan walked in and you closed the door behind him. 

"Why are you here?" you inquired as you turned to him.

"No reason, just...I thought that maybe we can spend some time together," he replied with a smile.

"Alright..." You walked to the bed and grabbed your book.

"Would you mind reading with me?" you asked.

"Not at all," Khan said. For the rest of the day, you two read the book you had and many more. The reason he had finally decided to give you attention was unknown to you, but having his attention finally made you slightly smile. He had noticed how lonely you were and was surprised you didn't try to interact with the other women. Khan thought that sharing company with you would be good and it would be sad if he died before spending time with you once more.

(Word Count: 486)