Peter Alexeyevich x reader

Requested By: LilyEvans2004

  You laid on the large king sized bed. You had a thick blanket laying on top of you providing warmth to your shivering body. You had been sick for a few days and your servants would come in and out of your bedroom. This time you were alone. You tried to get some sleep even though you had woken up a minute ago from a nap. Suddenly, two maids came into your bedroom. One maid was holding a tray with a bowl of borscht and the other was holding a damp cloth in her hands. 

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but it's been three hours since you last ate," one maid said. You groaned as you sat up. The maid with the damp cloth helped adjust your pillow so it would be easier for you to sit up. The other maid carefully laid the tray on your lap.

"Borscht? Again?" you asked as you started stirring the bowl of soup with the spoon that was already in the bowl. You had eaten borscht three times today and this would make it the fourth time.

"Would you like something else? Chicken soup or--" the maid asked as she gently put the cold damp cloth on your forehead.

"No, no...I'm fine eating this, but can I have something different next time?" you interrupted.

"Of course." You excused the maids and you were left alone in your bedroom. You ate your warm soup with your right hand and held the cloth with your left hand. The cold cloth helped soothe the aching pain from your head, but soon your body temperature spread into the cloth making it useless. You sat the cloth on the tray next to the now empty bowl. Another maid came in as if she knew you had finished your meal.

"May I take this from you?" she asked.

"Please," you replied. The maid took the tray from you and before she left the bedroom she said, "Your husband is back from his trip. Would you like me to send him here?"

"Y-yes, please," you said. Peter was your husband and he had gone to the west part of Europe months ago. He had always been curious about western culture and you liked his idea of bringing the culture to Russia. Peter quickly came into the room to find you coughing your lungs out. 

"H-hello," you said with a weak smile as you turned to your husband.

"If I knew you were sick, I would've brought medicine from England with me!" Peter exclaimed as he approached the bed and sat down next to you.

"It's fine...I feel like I'm getting better," you replied. Peter laid the back of his hand against your forehead and frowned. 

"Your temperature says otherwise." You rolled your eyes as you gently pushed his hand away.

"Aren't you going to tell me about your trip?" you asked. "I'm curious to know what it's like in other parts of Europe." 

"Oh! It was absolutely amazing!" Peter said with enthusiasm as he got up from the bed. He had the tendency to walk around and be very expressive with his arms whilst talking about something he was interested in.

"England is such an interesting place! Their food was exquisite! And their language is something that I truly admire. It sounds quite different from Russian and it's interesting how some of the letters in their alphabet looks similar to ours, but they don't do the same sounds. Strange, right?" You simply nodded with a small smile on your face. You had never seen English or heard the language in your life, but now it had caught your interest. You had to keep yourself from laughing from Peter's display of adorable excitement.

"What I loved the most from that country was the clothing. Yes! The clothing! I honestly prefer what the women wore over there than our traditional...whatever...here." You nodded and squinted your eyes in a puzzled look. 

"Umm...can you show me what you mean? Or...did you not bring anything from your trip?" you asked which caused Peter to gasp.

"Me not bringing anything from my trip?! Honestly, (y/n), who do you take me for?" Peter exclaimed in a joking matter.

"Wait right here!" and with that Peter quickly left the room. You giggled at this which soon caused you to cough. After a few minutes, Peter came back with a few maids that helped bring his luggage. The maids were soon dismissed and they left the room. Out of his luggage, Peter took out a few dresses that were about your size.

"Out of all of these, this one is my favorite," he said as he held out a long dress that had a low cut. If you wore it, you would be showing a bit of cleavage.

"Interesting...maybe next time you'll take me with you on one of your adventures to the western world?" you asked.

"Oh, certainly! I'm planning to go to France in a few months," Peter replied. You giggled as you clapped your hands, but that was soon interrupted by a fit of coughing.

"But first...we should wait until you get better."

"Y-yah..."

(Word Count: 861)