Jack Churchill x reader

Requested By: ChayanitDuangthong

Jack sat by the window in the train. He had his suitcase on his lap and was lightly tapping on it with his finger as he stared out of the window. There, in the distance, he saw something familiar. It was his backyard. He opened the window and got his suitcase ready to throw out. People around him turned to him curiously, wondering what he was trying to do. After a moment, he threw his suitcase out the window and closed it shut.

"Hey, what the hell did you do that for?" asked a person from the other side of the train.

"My backyard was right there," Jack explained simply. "I thought it would be easier to just throw it on my own property than having to carry the damn thing all the way from the train station." The stranger shrugged and nodded his head. He figured that Jack was probably a genius man. Of course, it was a strange thing to do. What if he missed? Oh well, that was the end of that conversation, anyways.

Twenty minutes passed and the train stopped at the train station. Jack quickly got out, too excited to wait any longer to get home. He maneuvered his way through the crowd of people and exited out of the building. He waited by the street, hoping that a cab would come. Finally, one did and Jack hopped in. He told the driver the directions to a certain street and said that he would be able to walk to his destination from there. Again, minutes passed until he was dropped off. The ride was quiet; the only thing that kept the atmosphere from being silent was the radio playing soft jazz.

The driver dropped him off at the street and Jack quickly paid the man before exiting out of the car. He bid farewell and set off on his ten minute walk to his house. Well, he did start walking, but after a few steps he thought "fuck it" and started running. He missed home and he missed his wife dearly. He ran and ran, nearly tripping on his way as he stopped to turn to head for the front porch. He quickly got up the steps and stopped outside of the front door. He heaved a great big sigh, trying to catch his breath from running. He smoothed out his hair before ringing the doorbell. Not a moment later, the door opened to reveal his wife, (y/n).

"Jack!" (y/n) exclaimed as she hugged him. He laughed and returned the embrace.

"Oh, (y/n), I missed you dearly," Jack said as he kissed her forehead. She giggled bashfully and welcomed him inside.

"Did you throw out your suitcase, again?" she asked as she closed the door behind him.

"Yah, I'll go get that thing," he replied before he quickly left to the kitchen where the back door was. As he entered the kitchen, he caught a whiff of what his wife was cooking for dinner. It was chicken noodle soup, a favorite of his. He smiled as he went outside and fetched his suitcase, which was conveniently laying right there in the green grass. There was a light breeze outside that he hadn't noticed before. It was cool and calm, which gave him an idea. He went back inside and was greeted by (y/n) who was stirring a wooden spoon in the pot.

"Hey, I have an idea," he said.

"What is it?"

"For dinner how about we sit outside instead of at the dinner table?"

"Outside?" came her surprised answer. "What for?"

"I just thought that maybe we can watch the sunset as we eat. That would be fun, wouldn't it?"

"We wouldn't have much of a view for it over our fence," she replied.

"Oh, but once the sun sets, the stars will come out and for that, my dear, we'll have plenty of view." Jack smiled as he said this and (y/n) smiled with him. They both agreed on the idea and that was that.

(Word Count: 659)