John F. Kennedy x reader

Requested By: rainbow50

The air was cold on this gloomy day. The dark grey clouds had covered up the once brilliant blue sky and it looked as though it might rain. You had a sad look on your face as you walked through the cemetery. You had a small bouquet of flowers in your hands which was for your dead husband. He had been assassinated two months ago and you couldn't bring yourself to attend his funeral. You passed by many grave stones with names of others who had passed. You finally reached the grave of John and you hesitated before stepping closer to it. You carefully laid the bouquet down in front of the grave stone and stepped back. You wanted to leave immediately, to forget about his death and to pretend all that had happened wasn't real. Of course, you couldn't do that. You had to accept that the person you once loved was gone and no matter how many times you prayed before going to sleep, he was never going to magically appear beside you when you wake up. 

"John, I-I," you paused, trying to regain your composure, "I'm sorry for not attending your funeral." There was silence after you spoke and you dryly laughed.

"I-I couldn't go...I-I...I just couldn't accept that you were gone," you continued. Your lip trembled and you felt your eyes begin to water. You looked away and tried to swallow the painful lump in your throat.

"I-I love you and...I-I..." you paused again as you felt a tear roll down your cheek. You sniffed and wiped the tear away with your sleeve.

"I just mi-miss you..." You looked back at the grave stone and fell down to your knees, sobbing. As if on cue, the grey clouds above you had started to rain down on your depressed state. You looked up in the sky and let some rain hit your face. You stood up and wiped your face with your sleeve again, quietly cursing to yourself for not bringing an umbrella. You glanced back at the gravestone before turning around and leaving. You quickly walked through the cemetery, back to your car and quickly entered it. The rain continued to pour and the muffled sounds of the drops hitting against your car was the only thing that filled the dreary silence. You stared at the steering wheel as memories of the past flashed through your mind for a quick second. Your eyes watered again and you laid your head against the steering wheel as you began sobbing again. Drip drip went the rain and so did your tears.

(Word Count: 432)