Abraham Lincoln x reader

Requested By: rainbow50

It was already late in the evening and Abraham hadn't come to bed. He was stressed out over the war, but even so he was sitting at his desk, looking over documents that were given to him earlier that day. You were tossing and turning in bed, obviously having trouble sleeping. Finally, you had enough and you got up from bed. You lit a candle that was on your nightstand and you went to where you knew your husband would be, his office. You slowly walked down the halls, sometimes pausing to yawn before continuing your journey. Finally, you made it to his office to find him reading again. As he read over what was written, he didn't notice you walking in. The candle that you were holding illuminated your weary face.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" you asked which caught Abraham's attention. He looked up at you and seemed surprised to see you out of bed.

"Well...why aren't you in bed?" he replied. 

 "I was waiting for you. I had been tossing and turning for the past two hours," you said as you rubbed your eyes. Abraham sighed as he got up from his chair and laid his papers on his desk.

"I guess it is time for me to sleep," he said. He lead you to the bedroom. You placed the candle on the nightstand before climbing into bed. Abraham changed into his night clothes as you got comfortable under the covers. He blew out the candle before also climbing into bed. You snuggled against him with a small smile on your face.

 "Good night," you said softly.

"Good night," he replied. The moon light illuminated through the room and the only sound present was the quiet breathing of you sleeping. Abraham was left awake. He was far from being tired. His thoughts wouldn't leave him alone, but after what felt like eternity, his exhausted body finally pulled him into slumber. Finally, some semi-decent sleep.

(Word Count: 325)