Charles Edward Stuart x reader

Requested By: BelleMcIntyre

"Wake up, love," you heard a voice say as you had woken up from your slumber. You groaned and rubbed your eyes. You blinked as you forced your vision to become clear. You were in a large bed and the morning sun was shining through the windows, lighting up the bedroom. You looked up and saw Charles with a smile on his face.

"Good morning! The sun is finally out!" Charles said cheerfully.

"What do you want me to do? Photosynthesis?" you replied. You were not a morning person. Charles laughed and shook his head.

"No, but I expected you to be excited and happy," he said. You looked at him with a puzzled expression. What were you to be excited about?

"Excited? For what?" you asked. Charles looked surprised and confused.

"You don't remember?" You sat up and shook your head. You covered your mouth as you yawned, waiting for Charles to remind you what you had forgotten.

"It's your birthday," he said. 

"My birthday?"

"Yes." He looked amazed. "Seriously? You really forgot your birthday?" You shrugged and scratched the back of your head.

"It's not really something I think about a lot...or care, for the matter." Charles crawled next to you to snuggle next to your side.

"Why would you not care? It's the day that you came into existence! Shouldn't that be a big thing?" he asked curiously. You sighed and shrugged again.

"I don't know. It just seemed like no one cared about my birthday so I stopped caring. It isn't really that big of a deal, really," you replied with a monotone voice. Charles suddenly wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you towards him. He kissed your forehead.

"Well, I care and I'm determined to give you the best birthday you've ever had," he said, determination evident in his voice. You giggled at this.

"Oh...well, thank you," you simply replied with a blush on your cheeks.

"Not a problem! You know I love you, right?"

"Yah, I love you, too." 

(Word Count: 325)