King George III x reader

It was a peaceful evening like any other evening. George was sitting at his desk and was writing a letter. There was a small basket next to the desk that was filled with crumpled up pieces of paper. After a few seconds of writing, George sat back in his chair and laid a hand on his face. He muttered a curse before taking the paper, crumpling it up, and tossing it at the basket. The ball of paper hit two others which caused all three to fall on the floor. George scratched his head before picking up his quill and another piece of paper from a small stack of papers that laid at the far right corner of his desk.   

  "If I don't write it correctly this time, I will flip this damn table!" he said in a harsh tone. The sound of the quill majestically dancing on the bare paper filled the quiet room. George muttered as he wrote. After a while he set the quill in the ink pot before looking over the paper. 

"Let's see here...'Dearest (y/n), I wrote this letter to invite you to the Buckingham palace. Yes, it must be quite overwhelming to receive a letter from the king himself, but I assure you there's nothing to be afraid of.'" George read what he had written. "Was the last sentence necessary? Oh nevermind, I'll just settle with what I have. I'm almost down to my last piece of paper..." George picked up his quill again and continued writing. He vigorously wrote with determination written in his face. He promised himself that he would write a letter to that one lady he stumbled upon about a month ago. Since then he couldn't stop thinking about her and wanted to meet her again. Even though (y/n) already moved to live in one of the colonies at the other side of the vast blue ocean, that wouldn't stop him from meeting her again. He was the king, after all, and he can make anything happen in anyway he wanted (except for winning the American Revolution *cOuGh*). After some time of writing and occasionally dipping his quill in the ink pot, he eventually finished. George set his quill into the ink pot before caressing his right hand. It was slightly cramping. He sighed before opening a drawer in his desk and taking out an envelope. He closed the drawer, folded the letter, and carefully inserted it into the envelope. He quickly stamped the letter closed with a wax seal. He held up the envelope like it was a masterpiece he had been working on for hours.

"Finally finished!" He quietly said happily to himself. Suddenly, one of his servants entered the room. George turned his head to look at them. The servant quickly bowed before saying, "Your majesty, it's a bit late. Shouldn't you be going to bed?" The King glanced at the letter and smiled.

"I will, but do me a favor." George stood up from his desk and walked up to his servant. "Take this to the mailman." George handed the letter to the servant and the servant nodded.

"Right away, sir." The servant quickly left the room. George stood by the door way and watched as his servant hurried away down the hall.

"I hope you get the letter soon, my dear."

Dearest (y/n),

I wrote this letter to invite you to the Buckingham palace. Yes, it must be quite overwhelming to receive a letter from the king himself, but I assure you there's nothing to be afraid of. I enjoyed our meeting that we had. I hope it's no trouble for you to come over and have dinner with me. I'll try to make the accommodations so that the voyage back to England won't be as troublesome. I hope to see you soon.

Love, King George III

(Word Count: 642)