Alexander III x reader

Requested By: inksans201x

You were walking with Alexander to meet up with his father. His father was trading something for a horse, but there were rumors stating that no one could tame it. The horse was large and white with gorgeous hair flowing in the wind. The horse was wild, stomping, barely letting anyone jump on it. Alexander approached his father.

"That's a beautiful horse!" Alexander said in awe. He turned to his father. "Can I have it?" His father sighed and shook his head. 

"You can if you're able to tame that vicious creature, but I advise you to not attempt it. No one has been able to even stay on it for more than ten seconds," his father replied. Alexander looked at the horse and admired its many features. After a moment of thinking, Alexander smiled.

"I can do it." His father turned to him with a shocked look on his face.

"Don't try it! You'll get hurt!" his father said with a stern voice. Alexander turned to you and you smiled. You knew he could do it. You had faith in your boyfriend. Alexander told his father to just watch and see before he approached the horse. He quickly jumped on the horse's back which startled the horse. The horse jumped and tried its best to knock him off of it, but Alexander did not budge. After five minutes the horse became calm. Alexander grinned and patted the horse on its head.

"I'll name you Bucephalus," he said happily. You approached the horse slowly, wary that the horse will become startled by your presence.

"No need to be scared, (y/n)! He's fine," Alexander reassured. You giggled as you reached up and held up your hand to Bucephalus's face. It seemed confused at first, but after confirming you weren't there to harm it, it let you lay your hand on its head. You stroked its mane and admired how it glistened under the sun's rays. 

"What did you name it?" you asked Alexander.

"Bucephalus," he said proudly. You nodded your head and complemented Alexander's choice. Alexander turned to his father. His father just stood there with wide eyes and speechless.

"Father! Would you like to come and pet Bucephalus? He's friendly!" Alexander called out. His father seemed to have snapped out of his trance. He chuckled nervously before approaching the horse. He too started petting Bucephalus and was proud that his son was able to tame it.

"O my son, look thee out a kingdom equal to and worthy of thyself, for Macedonia is too little for thee," his father said to Alexander. Alexander nodded before turning to you who was still mesmerized by how beautiful the horse was.

"Hey, hop on. Let's go ride Bucephalus for a while," he said. You hopped on with the help of Alexander and giggled. Alexander bid his father farewell and told him he would be back for supper. You waved goodbye before hugging Alexander to prevent yourself from falling off of Bucephalus. The horse started galloping away, carrying you two off on a date. 

(Word Count: 503)