Prologue

Photo creed to my girl Fajita13 for this cover page!
*****************************************

     Finishing up my book, I sigh in relief as I close my laptop. Pushing myself off the counter top stool, I snatch my phone off the coffee table in the living room. A notification pop up, reminding me that I have a meeting with my new editor this afternoon. Flopping onto the leather sofa, I think back to the last editor I had. He tried to take advantage of me and asked for fifty percent of my profits. Who does he think I am? I'm not stupid. I understood what he was trying to do.

Before my book was published, I managed to change editorial and found this new one. After this whole ordeal, I decided that only I will be able the only one who will edit my books. I just need someone who approves of the final touches. Not someone who wanted to change my entire story line. Sighing once more, I place my phone on the coffee table before allowing my eyes to wonder around the room.

Everything has changed since then.

Everything has been so different.

I made a career for myself after I move to Florida. Finished my education and got a degree in literature. My heart was always set on becoming an author, and for the past ten years I made a living fro myself. I worked hard to get here and finally achieved my dreams of living in New York.

I found a decent size apartment here in New York. I'm at least twenty minutes away from Times Square, and though I am living alone in this big city, I never truly feel alone. My eyes seem to get the best of me as they stumble upon a pictures that rest along my window seal. Photos and memories of myself and the group back in Juvie.

Huston, Gunner, Alexander and Damiano still contact me. They continuously say how much they miss me and how they would be visiting me during the holidays. Of course, that is four months away from now. But they seem to be counting down the days until they visit. I do not blame them for what happened all those years ago, it wasn't their fault. The four boys and Rebecca ran off to the states after everything blew up. Now living somewhere in Los Angelas, they're far away from their past and happy.

I'm happy for them. They needed to get away.

I'm extremely happy for Rebecca, she came so far and now look at her. Married to Damiano with two beautiful twin girls. Who would have thought she'd end up with that life? I flew out to visit them last summer. The girls called me Auntie Melody. They're absolutely precious.

When I was spending the summer there to write my book, Gunner had informed me about Greta and her new business program in Germany. She always wanted to move there. When Greta first spoke to me about her move, she said she needed to clear her head and wanted to continue her education there. She has family there so, I knew she was in good hands.

Only downfall to that situation would be Neil. Poor guy. He didn't get to say goodbye; but he did make up for it. Neil moved across the world to be with the woman he loves. I remember Greta calling me in a panic when Neil showed up at her front door. She didn't know what to do. All the guy wanted to do was be with her and help her out with the business and with that, they grew an empire and quickly moved back to Canada. Only recently did they move back to Germany for her new online program that involved her business.

Of course, she can't stay for long. She's married and five months pregnant. I'm still surprised boarder security allowed her to leave.

Rebecca spoke to me as well when I was staying at her beach house. She told me about Willow and Matthew. How their gym finally landed a deal in the states. Matthew remains the gyms personal trainer and co-owner. Willow mainly does all the expenses that Matthew is too lazy to do. I know how hard Willow has worked for this.

After Greta and I left, she wanted to stay in our hometown. She wanted to fix the mess we created and Matthew being her boyfriend at the time refused to leave her. Just like all my other friends, they got married but they remain the only ones without children. I know they would be amazing parents but Willow always said "We need to work on ourselves before adding another life into this world." I just stopped asking after she would bring that up.

Believe me when I say I'm happy for my friends, I truly am but I'm just a tad jealous about their lives. Sure I sell books that have hit number one around the world. But, I'm not married. I don't have someone to call home. I haven't been able to date since Tyson. Ever since he shipped himself to god knows where, I refused to answer his calls, texts and anything linked to him. I put this on myself but we have too much history and one of us were bound to get hurt again. I couldn't do it. Of course, he would see Neil and Matthew; after all they are his friends. I just told them to refrain from mentioning Tyson around me. I do miss him. I do think about him, but everything's changed and I know he's the one thing that hasn't.

A knock from my apartment door drags me out of my thoughts. Scurrying off the sofa, I shuffle towards the door and check myself in the mirror before slipping on my black heels. Looking through the peephole, a tall man in a black suits stands on the other side. His back is facing me and it takes me a moment to realize it is my new editor. Quickly checking myself again, I flatten my hair and smooth out my light pink blouse. I check my black dress pants for any lint and let out a shaky breath.

Opening the door, the man keeps his back to me. "Mr. Knight?" I question the man. His back muscle tense under the black suit. Something about him seems almost familiar. Without answering me, he turns around and his familiar smirk causes my heart to stop. Once his eyes meet mine, his face falls and his eyes widen as he scans my body. I could feel my heart breaking all over again.

Tears begin to pool in my eyes as I stutter out his name. "T-Tyson?"

"Melody." Tyson breaths.

I haven't seen him in ten years and just as I thought about him, here he is, at my doorstep. I never thought I would see him again. Not after what happened. Everything was so chaotic. For some reason my mind links back to what happened ten years ago.

What happened to us ten years ago.