اثنان

"don't you hate being lonely all the damn time?"

i stared back at my older cousin not knowing what to say. he always asked me this question and i would never have an answer for it.

aaron sighed, sitting up more in his seat on the kitchen table.

i shrugged my shoulders and picked up my mechanical pencil, tapping it on the table.

"im so used to not having people around that it doesn't bother me."

"you got me."

"thanks, but im sure you'll get tired of me."

he got up with an attitude and walked out the kitchen. i didn't mean to make him mad.

he'll get over it.

-

i slowly ate my black bean noodles that was leftover from last night.

students walked by talking loud and laughing, it made me feel left out. i should've ate in the bathroom or if i was lucky could've ate with the schools therapist, ms.homes.

i felt someone in front of me making me look up, confused.

it was stokeley and jahseh, their lips were moving but i wouldn't hear them because my headphones were in my ears.

i took them out and gave them a look to repeat what they were saying.

"i said, you still eat cat?" stokeley asked while jahseh was in the back laughing loudly which made some attention turn towards me.

"what?"

i got the joke but no, that's not cute.

"you know, since you asian or some shit."

shaking my head, i got up but was pushed back down by jahseh. I adjusted my bag and looked up at him.

"who told you to move?"

"nobody, but-"

"then fuckin stay, we not done yet."

he snatched my container of noodles out my hands and dropped it on the ground making everything fall out. i stared at it with sadness.

"now we is."

-

"ms stupid bitch is here." some girl said as i walked into my math class.

mr. spann shook his head and continued teaching the lesson.

these teachers never pay attention to students getting bullied. the meetings they have aren't doing nothing, it goes into their ears and out. they be paying attention to who be using their phones in class though.

i put my head down, hearing the teens laugh at her joke.

making my way to my seat, i put my book bag on my desk then sat down.

the desk started to wobble then break creating a big boom throughout the classroom.

everyone stared at me while jahseh sat in the back smirking at me.

my eyes teared up as everyone tried their best not to laugh.

i got up quickly then rushed out the class after hearing them break into fits of laughter. i wiped my eyes, running down the hallway as fast as i could.

my vans squeaked against the clean floors as i ran faster and faster towards the exit.

the exit door opened making me bump into whoever was opening it. the person caught me in their arms and swung me around.

"well shit, be careful- you crying?"

i looked up to see ming with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. i broke away from his hold and quickly rubbed my eyes.

"no,"

"don't lie to me, youre a sad person. you cry a lot."

i played with my fingers while tears ran down my face.

"welp, hope you'll be good by tomorrow. bye." he patted my back and continued his way back to school.