خمسة وثلاثون

(unedited)

(unedited)

"whatchu' mean? why they over here for?" i said, getting up from the bed and pushing them out of the way.

"ion' fuckin' know, you act like i know everything!" stokeley says as everyone follows me downstairs.

the knocking became louder each second, "if no one opens this door, we're going to have to break it down and have the right to search through the house!" one of the police officers yells out.

i pointed at luci and isaiah, "take her through the back door and run. keep running until you reach my moms house."

isaiah gently pushed luci towards the back and made their way towards the back door.

"alright, act like shit ain't happen," i said, walking to the door and opening in.

the chain was still attached so the police could only see part of my face.

"good afternoon sir, were looking for boy by the name of "ming" his family members say that you guys were the last group of people he hung out with." the police on the right spoke.

so i made my baby, luci, and isaiah run off to my momma house for no fuckin' reaso—

"sir?"

"oh, we ain't seen him in days. he been missing days of school too." stokeley spoke up for me.

i backed up a little, letting him take the spotlight.

once they finished talking, i pulled out my phone and began texting luci.

i'm finna jus text myself cause ion got time to be making the whole imessage set 😔✋🏼

i sucked my teeth and grabbed my slides, sliding them on

"let's go get luci and isaiah befo' my momma feed them niggas to death,"

stokeley and i pulled up to my moms house and got out of the car.

i tripped over a toy truck making me kick it far away from it. hate when aiden do this shit.

once i got up to the door, i looked under the flower pot and pulled out an extra spare house key. i unlocked the door and walked inside, leaving the door open for stokeley.

"JAHSEE!" aiden yelled as soon as i stepped inside. he tried to give me a hug but i pushed him away; he had chicken grease all over his mouth, "forget you too then, i only came out here because mom told me to."

"aye, shut up." i said then walked to the kitchen.

luci sat on the kitchen counter, isaiah was leaning against the kitchen counter, while my mom was frying shit.

"oh, so you cook for them but not your own son?"

they all looked up from what they were doing and laughed at me.

these fuck niggas laughing at me.

my mom, cleo, gave me a quick side hug and a kiss on my cheek, "boy, shut up."

i stale faced all of them until lucinda jumped down from the counter and gave me a tight hug. i only hugged her back because i felt like i deserved one.

"i swear luci changed this nigga," stokeley whispered to isaiah, "onna deadlocs." isaiah said out loud.

lucinda pulled away from me once she saw that my mom had put out a bunch of fried plantain.

"oh? so you love food more than me?" i snatched one out of her hand causing her to scrunch up her face.

"maybe.."

"sheesh," isaiah shook his head at me and ran his hand through his messy hair.

i was about to reply back until cleo cut me off, "so, y'all wanna tell me why the police was at y'all house?"

fuck i thought she would forget that.

"naw' cause like— ming be missin' n' shit, ya know? and the police was lookin' n' shit." stokeley spoke up.

i looked at him like he was fuckin' retarded.

"oh," was all she said.

"AYE! CAN WE GO TO THE WATERPARK TOMORROW?" aiden yelled from the living room.

i mean shit, we haven't been doing nothing so.

we all looked over at cleo which caused her to raise her eyebrows at all of us.

"who gon' pay for y'all grown asses?"

stokeley, isaiah, and I looked at each other and began laughing. i pulled out $200 from my pocket and threw it at her, "that's like baby money to me, you can have that shit."

lucinda looked down at the floor and kept stuffing her face.

cleo rolled her eyes, turning off the stove, "i guess so.."

well shit that ending was awkward JSJSHSJS

but yeah next chap gon be long because something gonna happen while they at the water park 🙆🏽‍♀️ SHEESH!