تسعة عشر

i wrapped my arms around myself, instantly feeling insecure

i wrapped my arms around myself, instantly feeling insecure. she was much skinnier than me, i felt like a pig.

"go back wit' that otha' nigga, bruh." jahseh waved her off then pulled me closer to him.

she walked closer to him and pushed me out the way with her elbows, "you know damn well you my main nigga."

"chill out," he pushed her off him, grabbing my hand tightly, "we gotta go to school. go suck some dick or sumn."

as we walked away i heard her stomp her feet, "we're over! block my number!" she screamed loudly.

jahseh sucked his teeth, "anyways, let's hurry up and get to this hell hole, yeah?"

i nodded my head, "was that like your girlfr-"

"not nomo',"

-

i watched as isaiah read his poem out loud to us. it was hard not to laugh because he put his all into it and he looked really serious about this.

"i'm in love with every food,
but Italian is the best.
Each dish is different and yummy,
It out does all the rest.
I love the pizza,
Spaghetti and meatballs,
And the calamari, too.
I love the veal,
The meaty baked ziti,
And the Pasta E. Fagioli.
All the flavors are so tasty,
When they come together as one."

when he finished the whole table was quiet until jahseh started clapping slowly.

"luci? your opinion on it?" isaiah asked me.

i cleared my throat and awkwardly smiled, "i thought you were playing about the food thing."

isaiah furrowed his eyebrows at me causing me to shake my head, "not like that, i mean- it's a good poem i'm not gonna lie."

his confused face quickly turned into a big smile then he turned to jahseh, "i don't even wanna ask you, yo' stupid bitch claps says it all."

"eeggggzackly!" jahseh scooted up in his chair.

"man- tuh, i'm finna talk to craig over there and see if we can use his studio for recording this song" isaiah walked away from the table leaving us alone.

"song?" he never told me he made songs. or maybe he just started making them.

"yeah, i gotta couple."

"can i hear one? or two? it don't matter."

i saw him smiling at me from the side of my eye as i took out my phone and headphones. we had about fifteen minutes left of class so that should be enough time.

i handed him my phone and he started typing on the screen while i put my headphones in my ear.

he handed my phone back and clicked the play button for me.

"leave me alone
I wanna go home
It's all in my head
I won't be upset If

leave me alone
I wanna go home
It's all in my head
I won't be upset If

Heartbroken, misspoken
breaking everything I touch
Im not in love
I won't let you control what I want

Hate me, won't break me
I'm killing everyone I love
Hate me, won't break me
I'm killing everyone I love.."

he started to scream in the next verse making me close my eyes. i'm used to songs like this, they're my favorite.

"Hey, you!
Hey, you!
You, whoa!
Hey, you!"

Hey, you!
You, you!
You,you!
you!"

when the screaming stopped, his voice got softer. i nodded my head to the soft music and his mumbled voice.

"Hate me, won't break me
i'm killing everyone i love
Hate me, won't break me
i'm killing everyone i love.."

the music stopped, i looked over at him to see his head down.

he looked at me with that same mean look on his face. i think he has a natural angry face.

"i love this song.."

"i don't like to hear myself, so i jus' let you hear it for me before i post it on soundcloud." he mumbled.

"oh, what's gonna be the name of it?"

"king."

-

this chapter was supposed to be ugly because i wanted y'all to see the pov borders i made for lucinda, jahseh, and the omniscient.

if you haven't seen the rest then go to the other chapters with jahseh or omniscient pov 🙈

anyways, goodnight.