خمسة عشر

(unedited, i'm sorry ☹️)

i stared up at the board, trying not to fall asleep. this lady can sure talk her head off.

her talking got interrupted by keys jiggling and the door opening. the janitor stood there, mentioning someone to come on.

"found' dis' one hidin' in da' bathroom." the janitor pushed jahseh inside the classroom while he looked around, scratching his neck.

"hm, just in time. sit down mr.onfroy."

jahseh made a bee line towards the back of the classroom and sat down in the empty seat behind me.

i felt his feet on the back of my chair making me shift uncomfortably.

"as i was saying," ms.voolin (A/N; i'm sorry voolin been stuck in my head all day) said, giving jahseh a harsh glare "you all will be in groups of three. now, what you will be doing is writing a poem, in the end, tell the meaning of the poem ya' know? i wanna know why you wrote it and what's the feeling or- or emotion you felt when you wrote it." her heels clicked against the clean floors as she explained everything the best way she could.

students began to get hype once they heard groups of three. me on the other hand, had anxiety. nobody is gonna pick m-

"lucinda, you in our group."

i turned around seeing jahseh and this one boy named isaiah sitting at a table that could hold about four students.

i grabbed the things i needed and made my way to their table. it was awkward at first but i broke it, "um, what are you guys gonna write about?"

isaiah's eyes lit up like a christmas tree.

"probably food or weed, but i know she wouldn't allow that. so probably food, ya know what i mean?"

nodding my head, i laughed at his choice then looked over at jahseh.

he looked out of it making me worried. he always had a smirk or mean look on his face.

"jahseh?"

"oh, probably about my mom or this other person." he mumbled, tilting his head down at his fingers.

"i know who the other person is, it's yo-"

"shut the fuck up."

i pressed my lips together, confused with what is going on.

isaiah put his hands up in defense and looked over at me. "you got food in yo' bag or sumn?" he asked me.

i opened my bag seeing the candy aaron and i brought when we went to 7/11. i pulled out a half opened bag of m&ms and slid it over to him.

he grabbed them, smiling at me, "aye, thanks. you actually is a cool person. we friends now, okay?"

i smiled, "sure,"

the bell rang soon after students started to leave out the classroom.

isaiah left while jahseh waited for me.

"hurry up, i'm actually hungry."

he picked up my bag so now he had an all black jansport book bag on his back and a baby blue one in his hands.

we made it to the lunch room, i was about to go to my own personal table but jahseh pulled me into him so now i'm here awkwardly sitting at his table.

i twisted my lips to the side, looking at jahseh eat this nasty ass school spaghetti.

"you don't want yours?" stokeley poked my side, "nah, take it." i slid the tray of food over to him and he started tearing that shit up.

"welp, you're quiet as hell." ming said to me,

i felt jahseh tense up against making me look up at him then back at ming,

"I-"

"i like when she's quiet." jahseh spoke up, wrapping his right arm around me.

oh.

-

i'm sleepy, heehee 😔🚶🏽‍♀️