أحد عشر

"i saw you walking home with that girl, bruh

"i saw you walking home with that girl, bruh. geneva gon' kill yo' ass."

i looked up at ming with a bored expression. they think they know everything but in reality, geneva and i both cheat on each other. we both know we do it but, we act like we don't.

"okay? let him do what he wants." stokeley said, taking up for me.

i kept quiet and continued to think about a caption for this picture i'm about to post on instagram.

i don't even know why i'm chasing after a girl who don't want nothing to do with me. she just won't accept my apology and it's making me go crazy, just say you forgive me and keep it going.

"nah stoke, its ight." i nodded my head at him and got up.

"its friday though, let's get this day over with." i continue and grabbed my book bag.

-

i stared into the mirror, not knowing what to do with all this hair

i stared into the mirror, not knowing what to do with all this hair. i didn't want to do the same hairstyle i always did

sighing, i put it in a low messy ponytail and walked out the bathroom.

my aunt told me that i wasn't going to school today so i was beyond happy. it's friday anyways, i get to sleep for extra hours without nobody bothering me.

"you wanna come with me to the corner store? i'm jus' finna go get some snacks."

i looked up at aaron, nodding my head. i mean, shit it's nothing else to do.

i put on my nike slides and followed him outside the house.

"which corner store we going to?" i asked him when we got inside the car.

he shrugged his shoulders, "which ever one we see first."

"let's go to that 7/11. i wanna buy a slushee."

aaron nodded his head and backed out of the driveway.

-

my fingers started to get cold from this big cup of cherry and coke mixed slushy in my hand.

i shifted my weight on my other foot, waiting for aaron to pick what type of chip he wanted.

"just get the doritos and go."

"you know what? you right." he put the cheetos back and we both walked to the front of the store.

a group of boys were laughing by the candy section in the back of the store. they sounded familiar but i shook it off.

aaron paid for our stuff but he wanted to get more candy so he could have enough snacks to finish his netflix show.

"yo, go in the back and get me the light blue pack of skittles."

"the tropical ones?"

"yeah, dem'"

i nodded my head and headed towards the candy section, putting the hood over my head. i don't want them boys bothering me.

"excuse me." my voice was only loud enough for this one boy to hear. he was the one talking the loudest.

"oh shit, my fault."

i looked up at him, seeing it was stokeley. he gave me a slight grin and moved out the way.

my eyes shifted towards the skittles, i grabbed two of them because i wanted one too.

i was about to walk away but someone called my name. i turned around and saw jahseh smiling and waving at me.

i gave him an awkward wave, turning around.

"what took you so long?" aaron asked as the arab man scanned the candy.

"two dallah" he held up two fingers. he looked like he wanted to quit his job.

aaron handing him the money and we made our way out to the car.

"i couldn't find the ones you wanted."

"you lien', i saw that boy wave at you. damn, my cousin finally getting hoes." he wiped a fake tear.

"shut up, i don't even like him."

-

i watched as lucinda and this other boy walk out the store

i watched as lucinda and this other boy walk out the store. i think that was her cousin.

"nigga yo' ass happy as hell, huh?" stokeley came up behind me with a smirk on his face.

i shook my head with a grin on my face. "nah."

he started laughing and patted my back. i slapped his hands away and walked up to pay for my stuff.

we paid for our stuff and went back to the car.

"you still like her, huh?"

my head snapped towards him, "ion' know." i ran my hands over my face, sighing loudly.

"it's ight, bruh. she still that lil' girl you liked in 5th grade."

i slapped him on the back of his head, laughing. he pushed my head away, and mean mugged me.

"stop, i'm not playin'"

he tried to keep a straight face but ended up laughing with me.

as we got on the road, it got quiet. the only thing we could hear was a old country song quietly playing on the radio.

we pulled up to the house, i was about to get out the car but stokeley stopped me by grabbing my arm. he blew out a breath and looked at me.

"i think ming like lucinda."

-

wassup nerds 😔
uhh i'm updating again tonight i think. it may be a christmas special. ion know how long it's gonna be but just know ima update tonight.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ! 🎄❤️💚☁️