سبعة عشر

"bro, what da' fuck

"bro, what da' fuck." isaiah said as we watched lucinda hurriedly run out of the classroom.

i shrugged my shoulders. i hope aaron's okay.

"poor thing." medina mumbled sadly.

we went back to working on whatever we had to finish until ming sat down in lucinda's seat.

"what'd you do to her? why she ran out like th-"

"calm down, chief. something happened to a family member and her auntie picked her up." I told him.

he looked at me up and down.

i did the same thing.

fuck is this nigga looking at?

he was about to say something until the bell rang causing me to quickly get up and walk out.

i don't have to wait for lucinda since she's not here.

-

i sat in the passenger seat of my aunts mercedes truck

i sat in the passenger seat of my aunts mercedes truck. my little cousins sat in the back either playing around or looking out the window.

we pulled up to the hospital and got out the car. i slowly walked behind everyone, feeling alone.

once we got inside, my aunt had to sign us all in and get those stickers to put on your shirt.

"aaron jordon? room 24 on your right." the lady at the front desk told my aunt.

as i walked further down the hospital hallways i began to feel light headed.

"cmon, he's in here."

my aunt and cousins walked in first with me following behind them like a lost puppy.

aaron laid on the bed with bandages on his arms and a huge bandaid on the side of his stomach. he had the remote in his hands, his eyes attached to the tv. family guy was playing.

i waited until everyone said what they wanted to say and hug him.

once they were finished, i went up to him and hugged him as tight as i could.

"ard' hollup', dat' shit hurted." he said, sitting up more on the bed.

i laughed at his poor grammar and sat down at the edge of his bed.

"momma, they said i could get out by tomorrow." aaron told my aunt.

she closed her eyes, leaned back in her chair then hummed.

--

we've been here for about three hours now, laughing at each other and taste testing the hospital food.

since most of it was nasty, we turned it into a challenge.

"okay luci, if you guess this flavor wrong then you have to dye your hair red, but if you get it right then..yeah you just got it right." shyla explained.

i just nodded my head with the bandanna over my eyes.

"open your mouth, stoopid'."

"that sounded wrong." lillani added.

i rolled my eyes behind the blindfold and opened my mouth. i felt shyla pour the liquidity substance into
mouth.

"ok what flavor is it?"

aaron was laughing in the back while my aunts snores were heard too.

"strawberry?"

"no nibba, it's peach."

she pulled the blindfold of my face and showed me this nasty ass peach flavored apple sauce.

i rolled my eyes as she began she play in my hair.

"yeah this brown is boringgg, this red will make all da' boys like you and all da' girls jealous of you!"

aaron got up from the bed and limped towards the bathroom, "let's go, big head."

i went to the bathroom with shyla following behind me.

"why'd you have red dye in your bag anyway?" shyla asked.

"i mean, i got weird shit in my bag so when i was walking ya kno', the drive by n' shit." he laughed then winced, holding his side.

"it's okay brudder, you'll get bedder den' we can watch tarzan togedder." shyla stood on the toilet while aaron got the stuff together.

-

"okay guys, she washed the dye out her hair. luci gonna snatch all da' mans!" shyla said from outside the bathroom door.

i rolled my eyes.

yes, she put the blindfold back on my face so i wouldn't see my hair in the mirror.

i heard the sound of the door opening and people gasping.

shyla grabbed my hand, leading me out the bathroom. she then put something in my hands.

"okay take the thingy off." she told me.

i took off the blindfold and looked into the mini mirror that she gave me.

"who's cousin is this?" aaron asked, laughing.

"look at my strawberry shortcake." my aunt added while smiling at me.

"mom, i-"

"shutup, aaron."

i didn't know what to say. i looked different like, the bad but good kind.

i'm here for a good time, not a long time. no drake.

-

BITCH THAT SENTENCE BEEN STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY BYE.

but no fr, the red is like faded so you can barely see it cause i edited everything plus her face claim