ثمانية

"luci, i got food for you

"luci, i got food for you. even though ion' kno' how to do that korean shit yo momma used to make, i got chicken." aaron smiled and held up a box of publix chicken.

i smiled at his goofiness and nodded my head.

my mom was korean while my dad was mixed with filipino and indian. when my mom died i moved in with my aunt at five years old, she and my uncle was together that time. since my uncle was black, my cousins are mixed with like four or three things now. it's hard to explain.

i continuously tapped my pen on my math notebook, thinking about today at school.

why is jahseh starting to talk to me? it's making me feel uncomfortable being around him. he even tried to text me on Instagram.

i blocked him though, he kelp blowing up my phone when i didn't answer in ten minutes.

the sound of my door opening made me lose my train of thought.

my aunt stood their, looking all types of upset.

she walked up to me and pulled me into a tight hug. i didn't know what to do so i just sat stiff.

"im so sorry, aga." she cried into my arms, rubbing my shoulders. it felt good to get a hug other than from aaron. he do too much.

(A/N: AGA IS HOW THEY PRONOUNCE BABY. ION KNO I HAD TO USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE 🚶🏽‍♀️)

i wrapped my arms around her as i felt her relax in my arms.

i miss this.

she picked up my arms and pulled my black sleeve back, tracing over scars that were weeks old. im trying to stop, i really am.

her eyes filled up with tears once i winced from her rubbing them.

"your skin isn't paper, don't cut it." she whispered and kissed the side of my head. "im sorry i wasn't there to save you. im sorry i didn't wanna look at you. every time i see you, i feel bad about myself. they finally caught him, thank lord." she continued to tell me she's sorry.

"it's okay." i weakly smiled at her, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"let's go eat dinner together, yeah? we haven't did that in a long time." she grabbed my hands, pulling me up from my bed, and heading towards the kitchen.

-

jahseh stared at lucinda as she entered the library

jahseh stared at lucinda as she entered the library. he knew that she would come here every wednesday so she could study for her history quiz she had every thursday.

she put some books back on the shelf and picked up new ones, looking through the pages.

he noticed that she was losing weight and her hair was getting longer. her legs were bigger than that five months ago, it made jahseh frown.

jahseh got up from his seat and made his way over to her. lucinda looked up at him since her head was at his chest, he thought it was cute.

"luci."

"you're not my friend or family, don't call me that." she snapped at him.

his heart hurt a little when she said that but he shook it off.

"look, please accept my apology. if i knew all dis' happened to you i would've been helping you."

"i really didn't have to explain myself. the video shows i was unaware of what was happening."

knowing she was right, jahseh stayed quiet.

"well i-"

"i don't want your fucking apology."

lucinda snatched the book off the shelf and walked towards a table that was far away from where he sat.

jahseh aggressively rubbed his face and ran his hands through his black and blonde dreads.

he didn't know how this one girl is making him go crazy over an apology.

-
☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️