Prologue

The information about this book is on my blog if you need any. This is also my official first time of writing in Third Person! Lastly, I made up the names of Harumi's parents.

Also, future Nicol talking here, I don't have any time to correct some grammar errors. But they are far and few in between, so no worries!

Enjoy the story!

Third POV

There it was. The second country of Ninjago. The second island, in fact. A bit smaller than the other one, but just as peaceful. Everyone who lived there lived happily, families, friends, and love.

"Rumi..!! What's taking so long..?! Come and find me!" A young boy whined, hiding behind a tree. His blond hair had turned into a mess as his emerald green eyes scanned the area for his friend.

"Found you!" His best friend grabbed his shoulder from behind, making him jump a bit. Even though she was younger, the white-haired girl had always been a good friend to Lloyd. Their parents were good friends, after all.

"Kids! Come on! It's time for dinner!" Elizabeth, the girl's mother yelled. The kids started heading back inside, chatting all the way through. The girl's parents were serving dinner, while the kids changed their clothes to their pajamas.

"And here they are! Fresh noodles straight from the hands of Chef Vincent himself!" The father chuckled as he served the fresh food to the kids. They would always laugh at Vincent's jokes, since he was an excellent chef, after all.

"I'm going to beat you this time, Mushroom Head." The girl giggled, swinging her white braided hair around.

"We'll see about that, Loud One.." Lloyd glared back at her as they started their usual eating completion.
Just as they were about to end it, someone knocked on the door. It was Lloyd's father, Garmadon. He is always busy with work, so his son usually spends most of his time at his friend's household.

Once he saw him, Lloyd went up to hug his father, though he seemed to give him the cold shoulder. "Hey daddy! Want to see my new eating high score? Harumi and I were just going to-" He tried to say, before Garmadon cut him off.

"Not now. Come on, let's go." He snarled. Harumi and her parents didn't say a word as the family left. They just sat there in silence, wondering what was going on.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

"I have to tell you something." Garmadon closed the door behind him as they entered the house.

"What is it, daddy?" He wondered, gripping on his father's shirt.

Garmadon hesitated to speak. "A few months ago, something happened. Something bit me. A snake sort of thing. And I have to find a way to cure it, okay? So I'll be busy for the next few days.. We'll not be able to see each other much.." He leaned down to his son's level, grabbing his shoulder. The young blond sniffed a bit, ready to cry. But all he could do was nod.

"Good. You'll always be daddy's brave boy, okay?"

~°~°~°~°~

These days had soon turned into weeks, months. Years. The boy had now turned 16, as he had lost touch with his friend. His mother had left years ago. He didn't even remember her. His father had locked himself into his room, he never got out. He was.. Alone.

It was his dad's birthday today. He never celebrated it ever since that day. But that would change. He wanted to change this toxic relationship. He knocked on the door. No answer. He didn't bother to say anything. He knew he wouldn't answer. He tried to open a door, it was locked. Until he found a piece of metal on the floor, which helped him unlock it. A small click echoed in the house's hallway when he opened it.

"D-dad? It's me. Your son."

No answer. He walked further into the room. An old man was sitting on a desk. Quiet. He couldn't take it anymore. He opened the lights and rushed towards his father. But that hug didn't feel like his father. It was something different. Something cold.

He turned his head upwards to face him. He gasped and took a few steps back once he saw his horrifying look. He had a large body, a face of an Oni, long extinct creatures. And he looked angry.

He then realized. That snake. It changed him. That wasn't his father. He glanced around the room to see lots of books and papers. Each one of them with rituals.

"You shouldn't have opened that door."

"You're not my father.. You're evil. You're-" He then realized as he tried to run away. "You're trying to bring them back! The On-" Before he could finish one his so-called father's four arms grabbed his wrist, pulling him out in the rainy weather.

"You know too much." His father's now deep, almost demonic voice whispered in his ear.

He led him to the harbor where his last breath would be taken. He tried to fight against his grip, with no result. He held his son's body hanging just a few meters away from the deep sea, saying his last goodbye.

'Lloyd. This is not me.. That snake.. I'm sorry-'
Garmadon's voice screamed inside his head, switching between his forms, trying to take control. As much as he screamed, his son couldn't hear him. He wasn't in control of himself.

"Why- Why are you doing this? I'm your son! I-I won't let you start a war!" Lloyd snapped, pouting and shouting like a little kid. Then those words came out. These words changed everything for both of them. These were the words that would soon start the war between them. A war that even his grandfather doesn't know if it would ever stop. He could very clearly remember these words before his body was tossed into the sea:

"I have no son."

So, yeah! I decided to start this a bit earlier, since there is only a chapter of Fate remaining, anyways -which is more of a Christmas special-. And boy, do I have some ideas.. I think this is going to be my best Ninjago book yet!

Also, did you like the Third POV? I mean, I could practice writing it, but first-person writing will surely be in this story!

Anyways,

C ya!