Chapter 29- The Beginning of the End

Take a shot every time I put the words End and Beginning in a chapter title XD.

Also, I'm sorry the pace is so fast in this chapter. It was a bit rushed.

Onto the story!

Third POV

Lloyd and Harumi walked through the woods, Harumi leading them by cutting through the vines with Lloyd's sword.

"Um, are you sure you don't want to give me the sword? You know, in case we're attacked-" Lloyd tried to reason with her before he was cut off by her stopping to cut another vine.

"I can handle this, it's not that hard." She rolled her eyes, as they continued walking.

Harumi suddenly gasped and grabbed Lloyd's hand, sprinting through the woods, up to an opening.

A temple stood there, but it looked destroyed. It didn't take long for him to realize that this was the Temple of Fire and Water the others were describing. I guess its entrance was blocked after the disaster. Speaking of the others, Lloyd couldn't stop thinking about them. But, as usual, his thoughts were interrupted seeing Harumi starting to sprint towards the temple.

"Come on!" She said, taking his hand in hers.

Lloyd noticed carved stone being the material used to build the temple, leaving him confused. The fallen rocks were enough to create a steep bridge upon the boiled water, allowing him to get through

Lloyd's voice trailed off as he stared in awe at the stone temple in front of them. "The entrance is blocked. How will we get in?"He wondered.

"Follow me." She said, starting to climb up the rocks. "We'll get in from the roof."

Lloyd nodded, shortly climbing up the rocks alongside her. Soon enough they were at the top, as they found a small opening to get in through.

Going inside the cave, it was very hard to get through the fallen rocks, but they eventually made their way to an opening wide enough for them to properly stand.

Harumi smirked, noticing the small lava pit that was revealed behind them. He went closer to it, before feeling something grasp around her leg. Panicked, she looked down only to see a small orange snail climb up her leg.

"Ugh, I have to deal with you now, don't I?" Her expression turned to one of disgust, kicking it into the lava.

She turned back to Lloyd. "You can get them out now." She said.

Lloyd nodded, opening Harumi's backpack and taking out the five golden weapons. He picked all of them up and stood beside her above the lava pit.

"What are you waiting for? Throw them in."

Lloyd gasped, taken aback. "W-what?" He noticed Harumi walking around, stopping behind him. "No." He said, in a more deadpan and cold tone.

"Think about this, Lloyd. You want to make that sword, don't you?" She placed a hand on his shoulder, whispering in his ear.

Lloyd froze but managed to contain himself from being scared. "The answer is no. I'm sorry." He knew she was lying to him.

"Well then." She sighed. Lloyd went to move away from the pit when-

"Woah!" He exclaimed as he tried to pull himself up. Harumi had pushed him in, sitting above him on the muddy ground.

He then remembered. The weapons. They had already fallen in by the time he tried to reach out for them. He watched them as they melted, one by one.

He managed to pull himself up, Harumi waiting for him, smirking.

"You know, for being my father's so-called 'son', you are pretty easily fooled." Lloyd's eyes widening at her referring to him as her father, but still maintained a cold look on his face.