Chapter 1- Home

Third POV

"Please wake up! Come on! Don't die!" Lloyd heard a voice call out to him. He could barely open his eyes, but with a lot of effort, he collected the energy to see a pair of worried eyes looking at him.

"Y-you're awake! Are you okay?!" The tense voice continued to call.

"Uh.. Yeah.. At least I think so.." He cluched his stomach as he tried to get up. "Where am I?" He enquired.

"You're in Ninjago. Are you an outsider?" The stranger asked. He stayed silent. "I see, you don't want to talk about it. I found you lying unconscious on the shore. Let me at least offer some help." He offered the blonde, who was staring blankly at him. He nodded, earning a smile from the generous stranger.

The walk back was pretty silent. That was, until they tried to break it. "I'm Jay, by the way. You?" He introduced himself. Lloyd looked over at the young man, taking a closer look at his features. He was slightly taller than him, though still pretty short. He had messy auburn hair, along with electric blue eyes, the color of pure lightning. His skin was pretty pale, with a few light freckles covering his face.

"O-oh, I'm Lloyd." He stuttered, turning back to reality. "How come you were hanging out by the sea? It's late winter, or at least I think so.."

"Oh, uh, it's my mom. She likes to collect seashells. I was trying to find some for her, since it's her birthday." Jay slightly chuckled.

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at an old junkyard. There was a single sign at the entrance which wrote 'Ed n Edna's Scrap And Junk', though the lights on the 'S' were broken, turning the word into something Lloyd wouldn't dare to say as a kid.

As they headed inside the motor home which was in the middle of the place, he saw a rather old woman cooking and setting the table with her husband. As soon as they saw them
-well, mostly Lloyd-, they gasped in surprise.

"Son? Who is that? Are you okay?!" Their eyes slightly widened, their last question obviously referring to Lloyd. Jay helped Lloyd sit on the rusty couch while he explained everything to his parents; how he found him, his name, everything he knew up to this point.

"I'm sorry I ruined your birthday.." Lloyd lowered his head, turning the attention back to him.

"Honey, ya didn't ruin anything." Edna approached him, placing a hand on the teen's shoulder. "You are safe. That's all that matters. Now, mind telling me who ya are?" She calmly reassured him. He really didn't want to answer, but he had to.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon. I come from the Dark Island." The Walkers slightly gasped at this. "I may not know too much, but I know that my father wants to bring back the Oni. The evil, ancient ones. He wants to take over Ninjago." He tried to hold back his tears. He was expecting everyone to act surprised, or be scared, but when he looked up, they all seemed.. concerned. About him.

"Are you sure about that..? The fact that the whole Dark Island's citizens have Oni blood doesn't mean they're evil.." Ed and Edna looked at him like he was crazy. Jay, meanwhile, stayed silent. He did look concerned, but, he couldn't say anything. Lloyd tried to convince them, with no result. They were generous enough to let him stay for as long as he wants, offering him food, a bed and a family. Something he really missed.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

A few weeks had passed ever since that day. Although living in a dry desert wasn't easy at all, he actually got used to it pretty quickly. Lloyd and Jay had become good friends, or even brothers, some would say. The talkative young man had a lot in common with him, as he even got him into comics and video games.

The Walkers were very kind and loving to him, treating him like he was part of the family. Edna was such a great mom and even taught him how to bake her famous cupcakes, something that was only 'family exclusive' as she called it.

Ed, on the other hand, was the best father figure he could look up to. Personality wise, he was like his father. His old father, that is. He was caring, loving, but knew when he needed to be strict in order to encourage them. Helping him with various jobs like cleaning up the junkyard wasn't easy, but having some company was the thing that made him actually enjoy doing them.

"Ha! I won!" Lloyd exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. One of their usual video game tournaments, competing about who will do the other's chores. Jay would usually win or even let Lloyd win, but this time, he had managed to win fair and square.

"See? You're getting better!" Jay patted his shoulder, before taking a brief pause. "But, then again.." A smirk formed his face. "I don't think mom would like to learn who ate all the candy.."

"You sneaky, sneaky.." Lloyd went to say, before Jay stopped him doing the obvious 'language' cough. "Hyena! I was going to say hyena!" He took a defensive pose. "And fine.. I'll help you with chores.." He finally admitted defeat.

They both went to the kitchen to wash the dishes. It was pretty much the only chore that wasn't fun to both of them. I mean, sure, they would often have water fights with one another, but all that fun was ruined whenever Edna yelled at them for messing up the kitchen -and sometimes breaking some plates-.

"Uh, Lloyd?" Jay asked, making Lloyd turn towards him. "Remember that thing you told me when you first came?" Lloyd's face immediately fell, remembering the events of that day. The brunet went closer to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I've been thinking about it ever since and.. I can't believe I'm saying this but.." He took a brief breath before continuing. "I kind of.. trust you. I may not want to leave, but it's for the protection of my parents. Our parents." Lloyd let out a gasp, covering his mouth with his hands.

"Start packing. It's better if we don't inform them. We'll be leaving tomorrow night." He sighed, a serious look on his face. He had never seen him like that before, but he nodded anyways.

The brunet started to leave, while Lloyd smiled to himself. Someone finally believed him. Well, until he snapped back into reality.

"But wait- The dishes! You left me!" He started to chase after him, as he could hear Jay run faster.

"GET BACK HERE!"

Woo! Two Chapters of different books in one week?! Well, now that Fate has ended, I can focus on this book.

Boy, I have already figured the sibling and the Jaya subplot. I have to say, I'm really proud of the Jaya subplot. Let's just gonna say that it's going to be based on ep20 and season 6. But with a twist 😏

C ya!