Chapter 9- The (n)iciest friend

I'm sorry.. I'm addicted to puns. It's slowly becoming an illness. But I enjoy it so much.. XD

Yeah, at least the whole team is finally getting together! I hope I do well with Zane!

Third POV

"Holy Underworld, they're everywhere!" (I was so tempted to put holy Jaya instead XD) Lloyd looked back at the entrance, to see the place filled with policemen. They were running as fast as they could to get out of the crime scene, not only to avoid the police, but the Sons of Garmadon as well. They could be following them right now without them even realizing.

"We know, but I think escaping from them is a bigger priority right now!" Cole said, leading the others behind a nearby building.

"Well, what do you care about?! You're not the one who's going to prison!" Kai snapped.

"I'm doing this for you two, you know!" He glared at the siblings who gave each other a confused glance. "A mysterious lady has been working the police and it is said that everyone who goes there always ends up admitting their crimes! I don't even want to know what cruel things she does to them. She probably brainwashes them, or tricks them into admitting their crimes. Either way, she is a tough nut for her age."

"Uh-huh.. Well then, let's get out of here!" Nya pointed at the police coming towards their hiding spot.

"We can hide in my house for now, just be quick!" They all ran, Cole leading the way towards the small apartment he lived in. They luckily got away just in time, before the men could point their flashlights towards them. Even though they heard the noise of them leaving, they didn't think much of it and didn't bother to investigate.

They managed to make it to the city center, with just enough time to get back to Cole's apartment. They decided staying there for the night was the best choice for now, as they could leave in the morning in search of the other weapons.

They rushed to get inside, locking the door behind them, finally taking some deep breaths. "Do-we have to b-e chased every- day?" Jay said between breaths, as they all finally sat down.

"Relax, we'll just get out of the city, grab the weapons and then go back to my uncle, I guess." Lloyd raised his shoulders.

"I guess we'll go change and stay here for the night." Kai sighed, going back to the small bedroom down the hall.

"You might want to go with him." Nya pointed towards him. "He hasn't slept somewhere comfortable in years, so I don't think waking him up would be easy if he falls asleep. He isn't the lightest sleeper."

"I can still hear you!" Her brother shouted from the other room, making her narrow her eyes.

"Well, I've got some video games, I think that's enough for us to survive the night." Cole smirked, pulling out a drawer full of video games. It had the classics, like Ninja Kart, Fist Fight, Super Ninja Siblings, Legend of Jaya: A Reverse in Time, etc.

"Or.. We could get a healthy sleep schedule?" Lloyd sheepishly smiled, nudging Cole's shoulder.

"Are we sure this kid's gone through puberty?" Cole worriedly whispered at the others, who held back a laugh.

After they all got changed into their sleepwear, some of them decided to stay awake, while others just didn't want to deal with it and decided to sleep, whether it was on the couch, bed or floor.