Chapter 28- In a Heartbeat

So this is the final chapter of the Jaya subplot! Grab some snacks and buckle up!

I forgot I had this chapter ready so have it at 2AM XD.

Onto the story!

Third POV

"Ugh, stupid mud.." Nya complained as she brushed the dirt off her clothes. "Couldn't she pick something more practical?" She hissed at her clothes.

Arriving at Stiix, she walked around the town. Only construction workers walked around town, unlike what it was like a few months ago. It used to be a small city, perfect for training. But now, it's just criminals that will trade you anything.

"Uh, miss? You okay there?" One of the workers shouted over to her. She gave them a simple thumbs up and continued her way. They looked busy so she would just ask another person.

She finally found a group of people talking just a few meters ahead of her.

"Um, hey! Excuse me!" She waved her hands, earning their attention. "Do you know what the fastest way to Jamanakai is?" She asked them.

All of them seemed annoyed. "Don't know." One of them answered.

"I'm sure there's some way-"

"I said scram!" He snapped. Nya started to walk away. "And put some proper clothes on while you're at it!" They mocked.

Nya stopped dead in her track. She turned back to them holding her arm up. Soon enough a mass of water picked one of them up, throwing him into the sea.

"You- you're crazy! Get away from us you freak!" The female one said, running away with the rest of the crew.

Nya sighed, as she continued walking. She really missed the others. And it was boring without them as well. She missed Cole and Kai fighting, with Zane and Lloyd trying to calm them down. There would be an awkward silence afterwards, which Jay would normally break with a joke.

Thinking about it, his jokes weren't that bad. Sometimes she laughed, even if he told them in the worst situation possible. Sure, he could be clingy sometimes, but not clingy enough for him to become annoyed.

"Come on, Nya. Get it together. You wouldn't want the others to sea you like this." She giggled once she realized she had made a pun. "I guess they do cheer people up." She smiled.

She panicked once she came back to reality, and started running towards the distance. She would have to make it towards Jamanakai. Maybe she could steal a horse to get there faster, just like the good old days. She would return it, of course. Their parents didn't clear their name for nothing.

But it didn't matter. She just had to make it before it was too late.

~•~

"Come on, we don't want to be late now, do we?" 'Nya' folded her arms, ordering for the others to mount their dragons.

Not soon after, Kai, Cole and Zane joined.

"Sensei wants to speak with you." Kai said, a cold tone on his voice. "Be quick. 'We don't want to be late'." He impersonated her voice.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes, heading towards the training area.

"Are you ever going to stop being mad at her?" Zane enquired behind him.

"Not until she fixes her attitude." He growled. "This whole mission has affected her. She was always ambitious, but this.. This is not her."