Chapter 16- Telling the Truth has its Risks

Woo! We hit 4K on NH!

Sorry if this is a shorter Chapter. Though its ending is important :).

Third POV

The next day had come. All the ninja had already eaten breakfast and were now training in the courtyard. As usual, they were wearing their gis.
Jay's parents were watching carefully, Wu sitting next to them, offering them some tea.

"So, you always keep that teapot with ya?" Ed questioned looking at it. The teapot was light blue and had white dragon like designs on it. Quite unique for its time.

"Just like I said to the others, you never know when it's time to sit down and talk. Besides, even tea can have power." Wu chuckled, turning his gaze to each one of the ninjas.

"They are really strong for their age; determined. The problem is, along with positive traits come the negative ones. Some only take an act of courage to repair themselves, others will take an eternity. Each one of them is really something else." He smiled.

"Well, isn't this a bit dangerous? I mean, they're barely below twenty!" Edna worriedly said. She was right. With each one of them being barely below or above the age of twenty, it was a risky and as some would say idiotic choice to rest the world on their hands. Someday though they will prove their courage and be heroes greater than their parents.

"It is indeed, but you can trust them. They've got it all under control."

"I think we need new dummies..!" Cole awkwardly shouted. All forty of the training dummies had been destroyed. Some were shattered by ice, some were smashed by large rocks, while others were burnt by lightning.

Zane was also awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, where as Jay has fallen to the ground. The rest of the ninja were using the training equipment, though they couldn't help but getting knocked down at least one in four times.

Wu deeply sighed, stroking his beard. "Most of the time.." He said.

"I-I think it's time for us to go. We bothered y'all enough already, it's best of us to return home. We have to continue searching, after all." Edna gave all of them a slight smile.

Jay jolted (no pun intended) up from the ground running over to them with a worried look on his face.

"You don't have to walk! I'll help you get there!" He deepened his voice. He looked over his shoulder to see the other three giving him an approving nod.

"You'd really do this for us?"

"Of course! Come with me!" He grabbed their hands and led them to the stables. The couple gasped as they looked at the creatures in front of them in awe. Wisp jumped around happily once she saw her owner.

He let her out as she lowered her wing, letting everyone get on her back. She immediately flew up high with no warning, flying towards their destination.

"Isn't this a bit too fast?!" Edna yelled through the wind. Wisp immediately slowed down.

"S-sorry. She's just not used to having others on her." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sure she'll get used to it soon enough and- what is this..?" Jay gasped. They were now above the junkyard, but something seemed.. off. It was like pieces of metal were moving around on their own.

He decided to investigate a little bit to make sure his parents would be safe before he left them. He commanded Wisp to land a bit further from the junkyard, telling his parents to wait.