Chapter 2- Mission

I always seem to forget that a prologue doesn't count as a chapter. Fixed it now XD.

Oh and by the way, I'll have to change some distances in some locations in order for the story to make sense. In this chapter I have messed around with around two location distances so don't be weirded out if it doesn't make sense in canonicity :).

Oh and some other canon things like how the golden weapons/dragons work will be introduced in this chapter.

Third POV

After their conversation and quite some chasing, the two finally decided to go to bed. Lloyd laid down, thinking about the recent events. In just a few weeks, so much had happened. His father tried to kill him and plans to kill other people as well. Then, the next day it was the start of a new life. He now had a best friend, a home and most importantly of all, a family.

But what happened a few moments ago, that took him by surprise. Jay was indeed the adventurous type of person, but he didn't expect him to risk his own life and abandoning his parents for something he wasn't sure of believing. I mean, Lloyd was happy that someone finally took him seriously, but accepting that task.. It seemed as if he was selfish for asking this kind of help. At least that's what he thought.

But he was tempted to defeat that monster and bring back his father. If it was possible..

--------------

"Lloyd, you seem pretty pale.." Ed said to the blond, who was barely touching his breakfast. He felt tired that morning. He couldn't sleep at all last night. All the thoughts of guilt or regret for their plan were surrounding him.

"Do you at least want to rest for a bit?" Edna continued, noticing the slight bags under his eyes.

"No, no mom, I'm fine. It was just a little daydream." Lloyd lied, as Edna nodded and continued eating breakfast. He had gotten so used to living with the Walkers that he even called them Mom or Dad from time to time. As for Jay, he never really called him a brother. He saw him more like a best friend.

"Oh um, where's Jay?" He asked, noticing his friend's absence.

"Oh, he's just in his room. He wanted to invent some stuff as he told me, though I hope he doesn't blow up the house while we're gone.." Ed slightly chuckled, earning a slight glare from his wife. Lloyd looked at them in confusion, until Edna finally noticed.

"Ya see, we had this really great deal at Stiix and we have to leave tonight if we want to arrive there on time." Edna explained.

'So that's why he wanted to leave tonight' Lloyd thought.

"Hope ya don't mind bein' alone." Ed finished.

"Oh, um, don't worry. I'll just go check on Jay." He reassured them, getting up from his seat and heading towards Jay's -small- room. He found him in front of a small closet, clothes scattered on the floor.