Chapter 5- Training

I think I finally found my thing as a writer. References and trope swaps. So prepare to see both of those from time to time :3.

(Changed some locations once again :))

I also created a new headcanon, let's just call it 'how to make your very own realm crystal! (NOT CLICKBAIT)'! XD

Third POV

After their -sudden- response, they started to pack some stuff, as Lloyd and Jay went upstairs. They packed everything they could. Well, most of that stuff were armor and weapons like daggers, swords and shurikens, but they really didn't have many clothes. Even with stealing, Ignacia was still a rather small village and earning money wasn't an easy thing.
They were also hesitant to take their parents' stuff, but they didn't have any other choice.

Nya was holding back a bit of anger, but she couldn't hold it for long enough. "Kai, why are we doing this?" She took a brief pause before continuing. "You've raised me up with the phrase 'trust no one' and now you suddenly want to go on a journey across the whole country with two strangers!" She finally snapped.

Her brother could tell that she was more sad than angry, but he couldn't go back now. "Nya.." He sighed, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Look, things have changed now. I don't know how, but I trust those people. We should go with them. And please, try and be more friendly towards them." He crossed his arms on the last sentence, giving her the obvious 'apologize right now or else I'm putting you up for adoption' look.

"Oh really? Since when did my oh so overprotective brother become okay with some stranger calling me hot?" She raised her eyebrow. An awkward silence followed.

"I am not okay with that. But, he's a friend. I can learn to forgive, unlike you." He slightly smirked, waiting for his sister's reaction.

"Ugh, fine. You win. But you owe me one." She shrugged.

"You've got yourself a deal." They shook hands and headed back upstairs to meet the others.

"We're ready."

And with that, they started leaving the house, closing the shining lantern for the final time. Nighttime had fallen by now, making it really hard to see, as the only light source they had were flashlights and Jay's -small- lightning.

"So.. Do you like-" Jay went to say before the Nya cut him off.

"Don't bother to ask any questions I won't answer." She could feel her brother glaring at her and reminding her of his orders.

"And I'm sorry for before.." She rolled her eyes, with her big brother nodding in the background.

"Oh, uh, no! It's okay! Don't worry about it!" He quickly reassured her as she was starting to notice something.

"You're hiding your emotions. If you feel anger, let it out. I won't be offended." She advised him. Though he just nodded instead of 'letting out' any emotion at all.

"Sorry to interrupt your friendship development, but where are we exactly going?" Kai interrupted, grabbing the map from Lloyd's hands.

"Well, the Blade is far away from where we are.. But we can go for our closest weapon, which is.. The Scythe..." Lloyd slightly groaned, remembering his fear of caves from when he was younger.