Chapter 20- The End of a New Beginning

Heyyyy! Long time no see! At least, me in person, not my stories 😅. I haven't been here these past few weeks, mostly because of chores.

But just for a quick update on my life, I've been doing pretty okay! I went to an amusement park for the first time ever, did my fair share of art and wrote on my personal book project (which is coming along great!)!

Now, enough of me, onto the story!

(Sorry if the time change confuses you. I think it's pretty clear though.)

Third POV

Kai had calmed down as he sat on the cold ground. He could almost feel the dragon's silent cries next to him. He looked at it, its eyes were tired. Its two heads looked at him, as if giving him an encouraging speech.

Suddenly, its heads turned to the entrance. He knew he wasn't alone. Two familiar figures entered the inside of the Temple. He looked down, hoping it wasn't Makia.

He could hear the figures approaching. Before he knew it, a sword came towards him. He closed his eyes, hearing the sound of it hitting something.

"So, are you gonna get up or will I have to carry you?" He heard a familiar voice say. He looked up to see-

"Skylor?" He looked up at her. She smirked and gestured behind him. The chains that were tied to his hands were broken. The dragon was free as well. He smiled at her. Upon scanning the room once again, he saw another figure. Pythor.

"I guess you and Pythor managed to convince me. I'm in for your big plan, by the way." She said and winked.

"What happened to you?" Kai said, turning to Pythor. His scales seemed like they were changing colors, becoming a bleach like white. He looked a bit hurt, though still maintained a sly look.

"Nice greeting to the people who travelled all the way here to rescue you." He scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Good to see you too, buddy." Kai chuckled. "Where are the others? Nya? My parents?"

"Cole and Jay are outside fighting the Vermillion with some dude I don't know. I don't know about the others."

Kai was about to say something, when another person ran into the room.

"Are you guys with them?" He said.

"That's the dude we saw before." Skylor pointed at him, confused. "Yeah, we're the good guys." She informed him.

"Great, I'm Ronin. What's the plan?"

"You and Pythor go to the main room. Nya might be there." Skylor said, handing him her sword. Me and Kai are going to free their parents."