Chapter 25- Hidden Past

*cough*💙❤ *cough*

Third POV

"Nya? Are you sure about this?" Kai said, a troubled look on his face. "Just because they helped us, that doesn't mean we should just ask them for something this huge." He continued, placing the metal swords on the back of his gi.

"Yes Kai, I am." She said, an annoyed yet determined look on her face. "Besides, we can't just quit. This is our last hope and I'm not wasting it."

Kai let out a content sigh. "I guess you're not my baby sister anymore, huh?"

Nya turned around to face her brother, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I'm still your sister. Just not a baby sister." She chuckled, giving Kai a short yet tight hug. "Come on now. Once we finish, we're visiting mom and dad. And Skylor." A smirk formed on her lips in the last sentence, as she nudged Kai's shoulder.

"Let's just go.." He groaned, ignoring his sister's comment. Nya giggled at the hint of pink on his cheeks, following him outside.

Everyone was waiting on the stables, as they had already mounted on their dragons. Wu, being the only one who always stayed behind, did the same this time. He wanted to 'do some research', as he told them.

"Is everyone ready?" Zane enquired, as he watched Kai and Nya mount on their dragons. The siblings nodded, pulling up their mask along with the rest of the ninja. They signaled for their dragons to fly up, keeping their distance from one another. Kai and Nya's dragons were flying in front of the rest, as they were the only ones who knew the way.

"Where exactly is that place?" Cole shouted through the wind, soon catching up with Kai.

"It should be near Stiix. Maybe even further." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Then we better speed up if we want to arrive there by noon." Cole said. Even though you couldn't see it, he smirked under his mask. And Kai knew exactly what he was thinking. "Race you to there?"

"Bring it on, Boulderhead."

The two softly kicked their dragons' sides, signaling them to go faster. They both couldn't hear each other through the wind, though they could tell what each other was saying, which was most likely friendly insults.

"Wait up!" Nya groaned, extending her arm towards the two.

"Should we follow them?" Jay asked.

"It seems quite fun." Zane added, a smile plastered across his face.

"Fine.. Let's go catch up to them!" She exclaimed, gesturing towards the two, who were way ahead by now.

The three remaining ninjas did the same as Kai and Cole did before, ordering for the dragons to move faster. To their surprise, the dragons seemed to like it, even doing some tricks, causing the three to almost fall.

They had already passed Jamanakai Village by now and were towards the end of the desert that separated it from Stiix.

A few minutes later, they had finally arrived. They were now flying above Stiix, but something seemed different. Something was a lot different. The last time they had been there, it looked relatively tame, with lots of small houses next to the nearby harbor. Now, it looked like a radioactive wasteland. Well, not exactly. The water had become polluted, with lots of litter scattered around the place. Even its general atmosphere was polluted.

"Okay, tell us if you find a pirate ship." Kai said.

"A pirate ship? We're visiting pirates?!" Jay exclaimed. "Are they the ones you told me and Lloyd a couple of months ago?"