Chapter 15- Awkward Reunions

Before we start, I would like to say thank you for 1K reads on this book (& Fate!). Highly appreciated :).

Also wow, that was a lot calmer than I expected me to be.

Onto the story!

Third POV

Jay was still stunned by this. What were his parents doing out here so late? Especially during a thunderstorm. He fell into deep thought before being cut off by them.

"Um, excuse me..? We-we are sorry to-" Edna said, before she was interrupted.

"Please, come inside! You must be freezing out here!" He deepened his voice and led them inside. Boy, was he glad he was wearing his mask, because he couldn't bare to face them after running away. They'd be ashamed of him.

"It's really not a big deal, ya don't have to-" Ed said and slightly coughed.

"Nope. I-We are not letting you out there alone."

"You don't even know who we are!" Edna raised a brow. "How could you let strangers into yer house like that?"

Okay.. Now this got pretty awkward. He tried to stay silent -as he was not proud to say making a deeper voice hurts his throat a bit- and did not answer any other questions.

They eventually arrived inside. Once they got at their dining room where everyone sat, he started to feel cold sweat running down his face. Just before the couple entered Jay whispered to Lloyd to pull up his mask. Looking confused, he did. Everyone gave the three a weird look once they were in their sight, with Lloyd's face becoming paler and paler by the second.

The Blue Ninja signaled for Wu to speak to him in another room. He nodded, leaving with the brunet to speak.

"Jay, what is the meaning of all this?"

Jay took his mask off and finally broke. "I'm so sorry Sensei Wu! These are my parents and I found them outside freezing I don't know what they're here for, but we sort of ran away from home with Lloyd and they don't know this is me and-"

"JAY!" Wu hit him with his stick. "Calm down! We are not going to abandon them!"

"So you'll let them stay?" Jay sheepishly smiled.

Wu sighed. "Of course. Not for long, though, so be prepared. As for the identity misunderstanding, this is your problem. You and Lloyd will have to tell the truth." He said. "Now, go back to the rest."

"Thank you!" He sniffed and pulled him into a tight hug.

~•~

Nya eventually returned from the kitchen. "Okay! Dinner is read- Oh and I guess we're having guests!" Her voice trailed off as she awkwardly stood there, looking at the smiling couple.

"L.." She started to say, before Lloyd gave her a pleading look. "Link! Um, yeah! Could you help me serve dinner?" Lloyd let out a sigh of relief as he nodded and literally ran into the kitchen, with Nya awkwardly following. She shut the door behind them and began to speak.

"Who exactly are these people? And why did you bring them here?!" She slightly panicked.

"These are Jay's parents. They took care of me for a while before me and him ran away for this mission.." He sighed. "They can't know it's us! It's too dangerous!"