Eight

***

Zayn hasn't set his phone down for three days, it seems. Every time he loses his grip on the mobile, another message from Harry pops up, and Zayn's  heart would always burst from happiness and it would make him dizzy from Harry's undivided attention, which would make Zayn jump in excitement and smile for a minute too long.

His obsessive behavior didn't come unnoticed by Louis, unfortunately, which prompts the older lad to bring Zayn to Light.Co, but Zayn doesn't want to go to a pub again, he would much rather  be at home texting and swapping stories with Harry, which would make him stay up all night like a teenager and laugh like he's high.

And try as he might, Zayn physically cannot stop texting Harry. Every time he tries to leave a message unanswered it feels like a crack in his heart is expanding with every minute he's not talking to the curly lad.

It has been a long time since he felt so fragile to someone else and it is simply unnerving.

Zayn was still on his phone regardless of being at a pub. Louis left him to dance with a group of people, and normally Zayn would be joining him right now, but instead of doing so, he's on a chair, pathetically waiting for Harry to reply

His eyebrows furrow when it has been five minutes and Harry still hasn't reply to his message. Has he fallen asleep? Or has he finally become bored of Zayn?

He sighs and decided to call it a night. This kind of behavior is neither  healthy nor doing him any good. So before he knows it, he was on his way out of the pub, texting Louis that he'll see him in their flat with the excuse that he forgot to turn off their stove, when a bloke suddenly bumped onto him, spilling his beer on Zayn's shirt.

"Oh, sorry. My fault- Zayn!" He looks up in surprise to see Harry gawking at him. Of fucking course! Of course, Harry would be where Zayn  would least expects him to be. Where Zayn would look gross and looks like he had just been trampled by ten horses and got struck by lightning.

"What are you doing here?"  Harry grins.

"I was just about to leave." Zayn says truthfully.

Harry frowns. "Don't leave yet. I just got here."

Zayn should say no, because he doesn't want his feelings for Harry to developed into something important. So, it's obvious that Zayn should say no-

" Okay." He says instead, and he knows he's fucked because there is probably no world in the universe that he could physically say no to Harry Styles.

"Great! I'll buy you a drink."

Zayn gave him a slow, soft smile as he deliberately  follow Harry to the counter. His heart thumping with each steps he takes.

***

"You never continued your story about the car and the bet." Zayn says taking a small sip from his drink.

He's not yet prepared for Harry to meet the intoxicated version of Zayn. He does not want Harry to find out how lightweight he is and how horny he gets when he's piss drunk.

He grins "I told you that I would only tell you about it if I take you home."

"Well, tell me about your old job then. What made you decide to leave it and work at the dump theater we work in?"