Twenty Eight

***

It was late at night when Zayn got a call from his mum, nagging him about when he's coming back. He hasn't told his mum that he's actually leaving London tomorrow evening, he wants it to be a surprised after all. He wants to see his dad try to fight his tears, to see his mum run up to him with a sob, and see his sisters' try to hide their excitement as they race their way up to him.

He bought his ticket three days ago, and until now he hasn't packed his clothes or even prepared his toiletries, so when Jo arrived at his flat and see all of his clothes still neatly lain out in his wardrobe, she almost faint from shock, because all of her belongings has already been packed and ready since this morning, and to see Zayn's suitcase still empty and probably dusty from not having been used in years was a struck to her heart.

She almost snarled at him before she pulls out his luggage from the deepest part of his wardrobe and ordered him to go to the laundry room and wash his dirty clothes. Zayn can't refuse, because Jo has been stressed enough as it is, coaxing her dad to come back to England for her only daughter's wedding and calling up florist and pastries shop to book her a schedule in Bradford.

So, when Zayn left to go to the laundry room right next to their landlord's flat, Jo wasted no time in folding his clothes as neatly as she can as she put it inside his suitcase.

"Excited?" Louis asks as he watches Jo move around Zayn's room.

She whirls around to look at him. "Ecstatic." She corrects with a grin.

"Yeah, I'm sorry again that I couldn't come back with you this early." He apologizes "But I promise I'll be there after a week."

She shrugs "S'all right."

"So," He trails off with an uncertain look "A-are you happy with Zayn?"

She gives him a quizzical look "What kind of a question is that? Of course I am."

He clears his throat "What about your soulmates?"

"We tried looking for them." She shrugs "It's just unfortunate that the universe thinks neither of us should find them."

Louis wince at her reply. "Well-"

"And I'm actually glad we didn't, because I'm happy with Zayn."

"Oh." Louis' face reddens. "Really?"

She hums in affirmation "Being with him already feels like I found my match, which makes me wonder if we are each other's soulmates, but we just don't have a way to confirm it."

Louis sighs in resignation "You love him that much then?"

Jo gives him an absurd look "Of course."

"But what if you actually found your soulmate?"

She shrugs with a troubled look "I'll wish I hadn't." She says "I don't want to hurt Zayn. We got engaged because we felt like we're the best we'll ever have for each other, and leaving Zayn for someone else feels like I'm betraying him."

"So, you'll stay with him even if you found your match?" Louis gapes and he thinks he stops breathing when she said yes.

"I just hope my soulmate would understand." She says carefully "And I hope Zayn would love me enough to do the same for me."